Epic Games Store Free Game 19-26 May

Replies
    views
    Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch
    ​​​​​​​yeah remember and remember I take you first one because your heal annoying me
    If you hit a wall, hit it hard​​​​​​​
    Community Manager
    @LockOut We can try to be on the same team next time. Noone will be able to stop us.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I think Zer0 has a hologram skill too, but it works differently, it does not have a teleport function. And Gaige can summon a battle robot, but I don't think you can pilot it.

I like FL4K because his skills are tied to his pets, and he has 3 of them (4 if you count the droid), that could be an interesting gameplay feature.

I generally try to avoid close combat, I normally go for Mage build if it is an option, or for distance if it is not. Sometimes games push you in that direction, though, like in Far Cry games, you get more XP if you can clear out camps without being spotted. You can go for stealth then, but I do not like stealth games all that much (with rare well-made exceptions like Dishonored). And stealth is not really well-designed in those games, so the easiest way to get that XP bonus would just be to snipe the camp out from a mile away.

So yeah, I didn't choose to be a sniper, the gamedevs made me into one...
    Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch I agree!! Clearing from a distance to earn XP points is good and it lets you level up quicker. I have nothing against long-distance battle and also enjoy it a lot. Take for example Sniper Elite. One of my all-time favourites. I played Sniper Elite over and over until I mastered headshots. I tried long-range shots all the time and even made it very hard for myself by manipulating the breathing of the character to make it as realistic as possible.

What I'm bothered with when it comes to sniping is there will be some gamers out there who would literally "CAMP" and just stay in one place all the time. Totally unnoticeable and I get it. They play as snipers so it makes sense to be in one spot. Most games these days have a slight indication of where the sniper might be. Muzzle flashes or some kind of reflection will pinpoint where the kill shot came from. This is where it gets interesting for me.

I've looked at replays of games and Warzone was one of them where a guy had a 50 cal and he was hidden behind some shrubs and occasionally would run from one shrub to another. Each shot was an instant kill and none of the other players had a chance to XP themselves.

I choose to do close combat for one specific reason and it's to improve my sneak. If I'm able to see where the sniper is located I can try to get close enough for a melee attack. Melee attacks give you a HUGE XP depending on the game and at the same time help other teammates to have an advantage over other players. It's one of the hardest things to do and yea it's going to take me ages to master especially in a first-person.

In a free for all, anything goes.😊. Nothing against snipers I'm just following a different path right now. I'm literally throwing myself into the deep end by trying to master sneak and melee and I know my ruin will be strewed across the playfield because of all the times I've passed....but it would be worth it. 😂

I would gladly have you as a sniper in a team and you really sound good at it.
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I know Sniper Elite, but I have not played it. I got an impression that its gameplay is just sniping people. I like it more when sniping is part of the gameplay, or an option you can use, but not the "whole point", as it were. But I can see the appeal.

What I'm bothered with when it comes to sniping is there will be some gamers out there who would literally "CAMP" and just stay in one place all the time. Totally unnoticeable and I get it.

This part reminded me of this:

I personally do not mind one way or the other if you sit in one place or move, or if the game shows others where you are or not. It makes you adapt different strategies. And it also depends on the game, for example, with CSGO that we played, it is sometimes hard to be a good sniper, not enough room, and too fast-paced on some maps. That, and I am not a big fan of games that XP level you up during the match itself, I like it more when the playfield is even. Otherwise, a few good shots would put you in the lead so much that it just grows exponentially from there.

And I am not too much into sneaking myself unless the whole game is about it. Or if sneaking is a non-violent or more rewarding xp-wise option, I am usually going after "good" endings. Like, for example, Deus Ex: here you can kill everyone, but that will give a "bad" ending. But if you sneak and only use non-lethal force and when strictly necessary, then you'll get more XP and get a good ending. So here is the incentive for stealth.

But good luck, have fun learning new skills, I mean, games are as popular as they are because they give you options to do whatever it is you fancy. If you want to master melee, by all means.

I would gladly have you as a sniper in a team and you really sound good at it.

​​​​​​​Kind of you to say, though in my case, it is more that sniping is the thing I am least bad at.
    Level 21
    @DracoTarot I know Sniper Elite, but I have not played it. I got an impression that its gameplay is just sniping people. I like it more when sniping is part of the gameplay, or an option you can use, but not the "whole point", as it were. But I can see the appeal.

This part reminded me of this:

I personally do not mind one way or the other if you sit in one place or move, or if the game shows others where you are or not. It makes you adapt different strategies. And it also depends on the game, for example, with CSGO that we played, it is sometimes hard to be a good sniper, not enough room, and too fast-paced on some maps. That, and I am not a big fan of games that XP level you up during the match itself, I like it more when the playfield is even. Otherwise, a few good shots would put you in the lead so much that it just grows exponentially from there.

And I am not too much into sneaking myself unless the whole game is about it. Or if sneaking is a non-violent or more rewarding xp-wise option, I am usually going after "good" endings. Like, for example, Deus Ex: here you can kill everyone, but that will give a "bad" ending. But if you sneak and only use non-lethal force and when strictly necessary, then you'll get more XP and get a good ending. So here is the incentive for stealth.

But good luck, have fun learning new skills, I mean, games are as popular as they are because they give you options to do whatever it is you fancy. If you want to master melee, by all means.

​​​​​​​Kind of you to say, though in my case, it is more that sniping is the thing I am least bad at.
    @DoctorEldritch I remember a few years back CSGO had a small glitch. When an AK is used aiming at the feet of other players will sometimes assure a headshot depending on the position of the player. The sniper rifle had one in certain levels and when you aim a few inches away from the body would also let you have headshots. There were a few other things I can't remember.

I agree the levels in SCGO weren't roomy at all for sniping. I liked Sniper Elite a lot. The fun part was the distance slow-mo shots.
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot A little personal trivia: somewhere in the annals of my colorful biography there was a time when I was working on testing Call of Duty WWII. Curiously, I liked sniper elements in singleplayer well enough, but in multi, it was a bit too fast-paced for me, even though the maps were designed with sniping in mind.

I like it more in games such as Borderlands or Far Cry, like I mentioned, where sniping is better designed as a gameplay option. But what I like best is when the game is not a proper shooter but an RPG, like Fallout or The Outer Worlds (or even, to a lesser extent, Red Dead Redemption 2), with an option for sniping in a proper RPG world. So it is not only for shooting, but can sort of be integrated into character design or roleplay.
    Level 21
    @DracoTarot A little personal trivia: somewhere in the annals of my colorful biography there was a time when I was working on testing Call of Duty WWII. Curiously, I liked sniper elements in singleplayer well enough, but in multi, it was a bit too fast-paced for me, even though the maps were designed with sniping in mind.

I like it more in games such as Borderlands or Far Cry, like I mentioned, where sniping is better designed as a gameplay option. But what I like best is when the game is not a proper shooter but an RPG, like Fallout or The Outer Worlds (or even, to a lesser extent, Red Dead Redemption 2), with an option for sniping in a proper RPG world. So it is not only for shooting, but can sort of be integrated into character design or roleplay.

I do agree with you. An RPG is more fun than a regular shooter. I also prefer a storyline and adapting a role of a certain character.

Mentioning face-paced games I do like Quake and Unreal as competitive shooters to enjoy with friends once in a while. Helps me to tune my reflexes for more demanding games.
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Shooter-wise, I like it to have some sort of interesting setting. I could not get into Crysis, but Borderlands or second Rage I can enjoy. But what are those "more demanding games" you speak of?
    Level 21
    @DracoTarot Shooter-wise, I like it to have some sort of interesting setting. I could not get into Crysis, but Borderlands or second Rage I can enjoy. But what are those "more demanding games" you speak of?

The joke always pops up when it comes to new hardware advertised and gamers like to ask "BUT CAN IT RUN CRYSIS"

I'm referring to games like Dark Souls which need your utmost attention and focus. Dark Souls is so hard to play and finish. One wrong move and you're done for. Another is Bloodborne.

Name:  Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  19.0 KB

It presents a perfectly balanced challenge that is approachable without being overwhelming or infuriating (which I felt Dark Souls frequently was).
    The lore of this game is so interesting and intriguing, that I actually wrote a paper on it.
    ​​​​​​​Comparing the lore to traditional gothic and romantic stories like Frankenstein and The Picture of Dorian Grey.

The boss battles are easily the most incredibly designed bosses I've ever faced and the level design is FromSoft at the peak of its powers.
    There aren't a ton of games I find myself replaying as time goes on, but Bloodborne is one that I come back to without question.
    I would not recommend this game to anyone who likes games that are relaxing.

In what has become FromSoft's trademark, this game is a challenge and will not hold your hand at all.
    But for those who want an intriguing and thought-provoking world. Accompanied by excellent bosses and world desig.
    Bloodborne is the game for you.
    DracoTarot