Epic Games Store Free Game 19-26 May

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I am with you on graphics, though, with some exceptions. There are games that sort of make a point about graphics. Many shooters do, but I do not really care about graphics in those. But then there are games like, for example, Detroit: Become Human, and in games like that I, too, try to have it as high as possible, because there it works on creating immersion.

To be honest, I could never get into Diablo. I tried it long ago as a child, but it never managed to hook me. I know many people like it, I think it's ok, but not really living up to the hype around it. But that's me.

Hey now, messing with your sims is one of the fun parts:

​​​​​​​
    Level 21
    @DracoTarot I am with you on graphics, though, with some exceptions. There are games that sort of make a point about graphics. Many shooters do, but I do not really care about graphics in those. But then there are games like, for example, Detroit: Become Human, and in games like that I, too, try to have it as high as possible, because there it works on creating immersion.

To be honest, I could never get into Diablo. I tried it long ago as a child, but it never managed to hook me. I know many people like it, I think it's ok, but not really living up to the hype around it. But that's me.

Hey now, messing with your sims is one of the fun parts:

​​​​​​​
    @DoctorEldritch I guess if there are gamers who are in the position who are able to purchase hardware every six months or through the year and can experience the full potential of games they are lucky and I'm all for it.

I have a bit of a sour taste in my mouth with the new Diablo Immortal and starting to lose interest very fast. There are articles all over the net showing A new analysis has revealed that it could cost players as much as $110,000 to max out a Diablo Immortal character using microtransactions.
    That equates to over £87,000, which is an absolutely staggering amount of money. The analysis points out that the highest tier Legendary Gems, a premium currency in the game, cannot be earned by players who don’t pay for them with real money.

As a result, to fully upgrade a character, you’d need to spend in excess of £87,000, on a game that has only been released on both mobile and PC.

Players cannot actually buy Legendary Gems, though. Instead, they drop out of Legendary Crests which are, you guessed it, the game’s loot boxes.

A separate Reddit thread has claimed that the money needed could actually be much more, as there are unlocks that are only usable once 5-star gems have reached Rank 10. To do that, you’d need to spend $40,000 or more than £31,000.

If this is true I don't know what Blizzard is trying to accomplish.

Will Diablo only be aimed at the wealthy gamer? If so it's really disappointing.

I like messing around with my Sims but don't have the stamina at the moment 😁
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot you know, that Mythic Quest series I mentioned in our series thread touched upon that aspect of gaming too. Here is a piece where some gamer bought a very expensive in-game sword and how their Head of Monetization (Danny Pudi) reacted to that:

But yeah, I also read that microtransactions in Diablo Immortal are shameless and atrocious. But even then 87.000 is just...wow.

But hey, I do not play it, so I'll just watch how it plays out from the sidelines. Join in and grab some popcorn! 🍿
    Level 21
    @DracoTarot you know, that Mythic Quest series I mentioned in our series thread touched upon that aspect of gaming too. Here is a piece where some gamer bought a very expensive in-game sword and how their Head of Monetization (Danny Pudi) reacted to that:

But yeah, I also read that microtransactions in Diablo Immortal are shameless and atrocious. But even then 87.000 is just...wow.

But hey, I do not play it, so I'll just watch how it plays out from the sidelines. Join in and grab some popcorn! 🍿

@DoctorEldritch I'd rather spend all that money on new and upcoming Lenovo gear and hardware. It would be a better investment. Imagine spending so much to upgrade and the saved files disappear even from Blizzard servers.
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I don't need to imagine it, NFTs demonstrated that concept quite illustratively. People seem to buy all sorts of crazy stuff...
    Level 21
    @DracoTarot I don't need to imagine it, NFTs demonstrated that concept quite illustratively. People seem to buy all sorts of crazy stuff...

@DoctorEldritch people need to stay ahead of the game I guess.
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Or try to, anyway. I am more with South Park on this, actually, they had something to say about NFTs:

​​​​​​​
    Level 21
    @DracoTarot Or try to, anyway. I am more with South Park on this, actually, they had something to say about NFTs:

​​​​​​​

@DoctorEldritch the South Park vid literally sums up some of my firends. Spot on! 😄
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot ah satire, the world would be less bearable without you. Well, good luck to your friends, I guess.