Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot. No need to apologize, it's your topic! I always end up wanting to talk about other unrelated stuff.

And you're right, so many games I'm waiting for have been pushed back. Bloodlines 2, Gotham Knights, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League... I hope the wait will be worth it here.

Though, depending on your taste, you can try other games in World of Darkness, too. As I mentioned, I was not hugely impressed by the Coteries of New York, but there is also Shadows of New York, for example. My main issue here is that they are too focused on the narrative and not enough on the gameplay (Telltales did that, too, but even they didn't have it at this level). But if you don't mind that, those games can be good, and do not need much in terms of hardware.

Any particular reason why you chose Geforce RTX3070 OC 8GB? If you want, you can ask everyone for advice here, see what other members think.

And yeah, Legion Slim 7 is great! 😉
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch yea there are so many new and exciting games waiting to be released. I also do not focus on any big-name studios these days. There are some games I've played by developers and creators I never heard of and enjoyed them a lot.

I haven't played Coteries of New York yet and will also give it a go sometimes. I do agree if the narrative is overwhelming in a game I also would become frustrated. More interaction is the key to keeping a player interested.

I have no particular reason for choosing the Geforce RTX3070 OC 8GB. I noticed in South Africa it's one of the popular cards and prices dropped a little bit. There are quite a few I can choose from in the Geforce range. To be honest I am actually a Radeon fan and my first two PCs were AMD. I have shallow pockets at the moment and must make a good decision and not regret it in the end when it comes to selecting a GPU.

I also opted for the Legion Slim 7 due to the price. I mean It's an all-inclusive system and not only a GPU. So many GPUs''s to choose from but they are so expensive. I can purchase two Legion notebooks for the price of one GPU. 😎
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I get what you mean, I am big into the indie scene personally. There are many charming little games out there that are short and simple but interesting. Although I am not sure if Skyrim is not a big-name studio.

Narrative-based games can be good if you are after that from the start. I enjoyed Necrobarista, for example, but I went into it knowing full well that it is a visual novel-style game. With Coteries of New York, it came as a bit of a surprise, though it may be my fault for not doing enough research beforehand.

If you like Radeon and are opting for Legion Slim 7, does that mean you're after the AMD version?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I played Little Nightmares and Ori and the Blind Forest recently. They are two Indie games I've enjoyed. Ori and the Blind Forest is a type of game that will punish you and players like me go frustrated. I died too much but eventually got the hang of the controls.

The Legion Slim 7 catches my eye at the moment. I won't mind having the Legion 7 either. If I have the opportunity to choose I'll go with the AMD version :)
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Interesting, I am playing Little Nightmares right now! After part 2 came out, I wanted to catch up. And I played both parts of Ori and the Blind Forest (I think the term is Metroidvania?) I liked the setting, but I enjoy such games in general, I loved the Hollow Knight (waiting for Silksong) or Blasphemous. Currently, I am playing Rogue Legacy 2, it is more roguelike.

Both Legion Slim 7 and Legion 7 have AMD version, but I am not technically savvy enough to know what the difference is compared to Intel Core.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch All the other games you've mentioned sound exciting and will give them a go as soon as I am settled and have free time on my hands.

I thought only the Slim 7 has AMD lol! Well, then I do have more options to look at. I'll have a look and compare the differences before making a decision. :)
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Ah, the age-old gamer problem: so many games, not enough time. But, at least, those games I can personally recommend.

It's good to have choices. Personally, I take ages making decisions about hardware, it took me 2 years to choose a smartphone. But, if you're happy with the result, that's what matters and time well spent.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch same with me especially shopping online. I'll select various products I like and add them to my basket. When the time comes to purchase the items I will remove most of them and only have one or two items will be left in the basket because something else caught my eye. I'm never in a rush to buy something. It happened many times before after purchase I'll find something similar and a whole lot better and cheaper then it's too late. Indecisiveness is my flaw. 😁

At least I made my mind up when the time comes to purchase a new mobile device and I'll stick with it. Next on my list will be the Lenovo Legion Pro 5G. The only thing I can't understand is if I buy the phone and import it to SA, it would be cheaper than buying local. There are a few things I've noticed having the same issue. I totally don't get it at all.
    Community Manager
    Good, there is more of us! We'll see what we can do for one of the upcoming Game Nights!