Recommendations for Blender

Replies
    views
    Level 3
    Hey everyone, I'm super excited to dive into the world of 3D creation! I'll be using Blender and Maya

The truth is, I'm not the most tech-savvy person, and I'm unsure if my PC can handle Blender and Maya. Here's the thing, I don't even know what the minimum requirements are!

To avoid any frustration later, I'd love some advice from the community:

PC Requirements for Beginners: What are the basic hardware specs my computer should have to run Blender and maya smoothly? I'm not aiming for super complex projects at first, but I don't want things lagging or crashing all the time as I'll be doing qatar, blogging along with it.
    Checking My System Specs: Is there an easy way to find out what kind of CPU, RAM, and graphics card I have on my computer?
    Upgrading for Blender and Maya: If my current PC doesn't meet the requirements, are there any specific components I should prioritize upgrading for a better Blender experience (e.g., CPU, RAM, graphics card)?

I've asked online and some are suggesting that a laptop would be too much expensive for this so I should go with a PC. What are your thoughts on this?
  • 3 Replies

Level 52
    Press win logo button + R
    Type (dxdiag)
    You should see your cpu+ram in the general tap and gpu in display tab

For blender and maya consider having something between core i7 10700k up to i5 14600k

32gb ram minimum

Rtx 3060 12gb
    SHOCK and AWE
    Level 49
    @blakeblossom Hi, as specified on the official blender and maya website, here is a summary of the minimum and recommended requirements for the software you mentioned.

BLENDER

Name:  blenderSR.png
Views: 52
Size:  81.2 KB

MAYA 2024

Name:  maya24SR.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  64.0 KB

As M2Lobaz already told you, you can use dxdiag to see your hardware.

At THIS LINK you will find the official page of blender requirements, while at THIS other one you will find those of maya. HERE are the video cards certified for Maya (this means that, with a card from that list, the program should work better or guarantee better performance)

Given the nature of these 2 software, I personally recommend an equivalent Core i7 or Ryzen 7, with at least 32 GB of RAM and a video card with at least 8 GB of RAM.

I hope it can help.
    Legion 7 - R7 5800H - RTX3080 16Gb VRAM - 32GB RAM - 2xNvme 1Tb ❤
    LOQ - i7 13620H - RTX4060 8Gb VRAM - 16GB RAM - Nvme 1Tb
    Legion Slim 5 14APH8 - R7 7840HR - RTX 4060 8Gb VRAM - 32GB RAM - 1Tb
    Banned
    Thanks You poyout

Thanks You poyout

Thanks You poyout