Metallica is coming to Fortnite!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Oh my, is this what the Fortnite demographic looks like these days? Huh... Well, no surprise there, but I'd think Fortnite has a more diverse demographic than that. For this age, they may enjoy something like...

Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I know they are only kids, but it's only an example of how teens and adults react in the other videos.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I guess metal may have it harder than some other genres, with some prejudices still lingering about it. This is sad, video games should open people to new things. But hey, at least there are Brutal Legends or Hellsinger or Rockband for those who get it.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Each to their own I guess. A new Doom is on the way and as usual, the game will be brutal and metal orientated. The bands who will contribute to the soundtrack have not been announced yet.

I wish they would release another Brutal Legends. The game was so much fun to play.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot There is that, true, and Doom is iconic, but a bit niche still. But I wish people were more accepting of different genres in more mainstream games. Fortnite is very big and popular, especially with the younger generation, and it would be nice if the game would have something for everyone. So it is good they put the metal in even if some people can't appreciate it. Would be good if they carried on like this with other genres, too.

Brutal Legends was awesome, but sadly, Double Fine does not usually release sequels, of all their games only Costume Quest and Psychonauts managed to get those, and Psychonauts had to wait a long time for it, too. That, and Jack Black is not as spring as was back then. though his Po was more or less decent in the last Kung Fu Panda, even if the movie itself left much to be desired (at least, for me), but Eddie Riggs requires a lot more voice energy than the herbivore bear. He is still in Tenacious D, so he may have vocals for it still, but in Psychonauts 2 his song was a milder rock. Maybe if Brutal Legend 2 focused on those, it could work?

And if Psychonauts taught us anything, it's that sometimes sequels come to those who wait and Brutal Legend 2 may not be entirely out of the question. It may depend on how busy Jack is, though.