What's a good series to watch?

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion gamers!

Lately, thanks to the @LockOut post about hobbies, we've had a few new entries to our "Favorite movie" thread! A big thank you to everyone who shared their chosen movies with us!

But that got me thinking: movies and series are different, and series may well deserve their own thread, so as not to mix with the films.

So here it is! A thread where you can share opinions about the series that you liked (or did not like), or tell everyone your plans if you're going to watch some.

So, to start, my next plans series-wise would be to catch up on Doctor Who and watch the April special episode about sea devils:

To be honest, I did not enjoy seasons with Jodie all that much, I do not like what they did with the lore, I miss the era of David and Matt. But I want to watch through till the Doctor changes and Ncuti Gatwa assumes the role. I liked him well enough in the "Sex Education", so I'd want to check what kind of Doctor he will be.

Other than that, 4th season of Stranger Things came out recently:

This is exciting, but much to my despair, the last 2 episodes will only air in July. So I'll have to wait to watch this one.

Finally, 3rd season of The Boys is coming out this Friday (3rd of June):

My only concern here is that I do not know how they will be showing this. The first season was put out all at once, but the second one started with only 3 episodes, and then one weekly as per the classic formula. I like to watch my series all at once (what about you?), so I may have to wait for The Boys as well. If so, I'll need to look through my list for the next candidate. Heard good things about the Wheel of Time.

But those are my current plans, what about yours? I know @Hmg mentioned Fargo (nice one!) in the movies thread, but why only season 1?

And @GoLLuM13 hobbies include watching series. Would you share some, @GoLLuM13?

The floor is all yours!
  • 75 Replies

Level 45
    Sadly I am not who is watching series but if you have suggestions mention me 🌚❤️
    so I will try to find anime or cartoon but work for all ages (I am not sure 100% if they are clear because I finished them from long time)

Name:  MV5BYmU5OWM5ZTAtNjUzOC00NmUyLTgyOWMtMjlkNjdlMDAzMzU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  87.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2021_0607_172431.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  55.4 KB
    Name:  MV5BOGJmNTMzNjctYzMyZC00NWNmLWJiZGItYWVjODdkNzNmZTI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  97.8 KBName:  nozomi-ent-lucky-penny-mobile-suit-gundam-00-colle.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  94.9 KB
    That's what I am sure 70% about they don't have anything out of rules
    If you hit a wall, hit it hard
    Community Manager
    Wow, that's a lot, thank you @LockOut! Maybe we can start a whole new thread just for animes. Why do you like these animes in particular?

Personally, I watched Arcane and it was good, to a big part because of easter eggs and connection to the games. And I have fond memories of Code Geass as well. All Hail Britannia!

But I have not seen the other 2, so what is good about them?

As for suggestions, given your fondness of anime, why not try Cowboy Bebop?

Sadly, they closed it after just one season, but it was interesting for me to compare anime and real action scenes, sometimes the choreography was almost the same, you don't get examples like this one that often.
    Level 45
    @DoctorEldritch
    why? Because they are the clear one from kissing relationships etc so I can put it here without be scared from kid watch it (or that's what I remember 🥲)
    Second one talk about lady start play game and she have to pick class like any game but it's vr and she hate to get dmg or hurt so she just build tank and she be tank for lvl no one able to hurt her and with his defense she got so strong skills for DMG and she start make team with his real life friend

And Gundam 00 he and Gundam wing I didn't know which one should I put but it's talking about human start Spread corruption in the land and they use gundams(the robots) to stop it I am bad explainer if you want just watch it 🥲 both of them are short and I have more animes if you want from different categories

- - - Updated - - -
    @DoctorEldritch
    why? Because they are the clear one from kissing relationships etc so I can put it here without be scared from kid watch it (or that's what I remember 🥲)
    Second one talk about lady start play game and she have to pick class like any game but it's vr and she hate to get dmg or hurt so she just build tank and she be tank for lvl no one able to hurt her and with his defense she got so strong skills for DMG and she start make team with his real life friend

And Gundam 00 he and Gundam wing I didn't know which one should I put but it's talking about human start Spread corruption in the land and they use gundams(the robots) to stop it I am bad explainer if you want just watch it 🥲 both of them are short and I have more animes if you want from different categories
    Level 52
    Great topic I looooooove TV series, I use an app to follow what I already watched or not it's called TVTime, there's also information to know when and where a serie will be broadcasting, and I have a bad news, The Boys (that I'm waiting too) will be broadcasted at the same rythm as the previous one, 3 episodes the first day and then 1 each week.
    I just finished "Bull", "The Blacklist", "The Flight Attendan"t and "Better Call Saul" (I'm waiting for the second part). Right now I'm following, "The Flash", "Superman and Lois", "Fear the Walking Dead", and "Stranger Things" (I'm still on the 3rd episode of the 4th season).
    On the near future, I'm waiting for "The Boys" (of course), "Ms. Marvel", "Westworld", "Power Book III", "Only Murders in The Building" and "Resident Evil" (I'm afraid of the result of the latter).
    Obviously, I'm a serievore, I watch a lot of them and not many movies, so I can talk a lot about them even if I haven't watched everything and among them many of the most popular ones too 😂
    But there's one that I really liked recently, I discovered it thanks to a member of the French Community it's "The Good Place"

- - - Mise à jour - - -
    @LockOut Arcane was really good 🤩
    Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 Wow, that's a lot, serievore indeed! I am a bit of one myself, but my tastes are limited to sci-fi and fantasy, and sitcoms. So "Better Call Saul" or "The Backlist", though I hear good things about them, get pushed down to the bottom of my list.

In that theme, I tend to go for something like "The Person of Interest" (yeah, I know the first 3 seasons kind of drag, but that is a good example where they managed to shift the focus and concept successfully and it got better when it evolved into the battle of 2 AIs. I did enjoy Leverage though, that has no sci-fi or fantasy, but I like the "Ocean's 11" vibe of it.

But you mentioned so many of them, I feel a bit flooded with new options. If we go from the top, what's good about the Bull?

And I too loved "The Good Place", I think it is very clever in terms of it's educational component, I like it when sitcoms are not just about entertainment, but also teach you something, and that one was very good at it. Sort of like a modern Sophie's World for adults (maybe we'd need a book thread soon, too 😉)

Though not as educational, if you liked "The Good Place", what's your take on the "Community":

Or the "Mythic Quest"?

The latter one is closer to my heart because it's focused on gamedev world. Have you tried any of those?
    Community Manager
    You know, it's funny: I wanted to add some trailers to my post and was looking for a good one for Leverage. Could not find one, sadly, but much to my surprise, I discovered that they revived it last year (original ended back in 2012) titled Leverage: Redemption with many of the old cast returning. And they got season 2 greenlit already even. One more for the list! That flew completely off my radar.

Level 52
    OMG "Person of Interest" I loooooooved this show 🤩 About Bull, I like this kind of shows police, lawyers, judges ... etc where there's a case, and you can follow the development, not specially a murder, I have plenty of those with all the NCIS franchise, and speaking of NCIS, the main character of Bull was in NCIS, so that was kind of a natural transition for me 😂 from NCIS agent to a shrink in Bull 😂

On the sci-fi register, I used to be a big fan of Stargate franchise and "The 100", I don't know if we can consider "Under The Dome" as a sci-fi serie, but I still have to watch the last season of "The Expanse" I don't why but this show bored me a little bit, but I'm the kind of person that finishes what has been started, so I know I will watch it anyway.

And while reading you, I remembered "Scrubs" and "Brooklyn Nine Nine" that I loved so much 😂 ans also a show that I discovered and saw recently, "Modern Family". That was funny and the characters are so endearing.

Haven't seen any of those you talked about, I think I'll give them a chance, starting with "Community" thank you 😁
    Level 52
    @<b><a href="https://gaming.lenovo.com/emea/member.php?u=36538" target="_blank">DoctorEldritch</a></b> there are so many I'm watching now and one of them is Stranger Things. The Walking Dead series is also almost at its end and I can't wait for the last few episodes to air.

I'm following a series called Who Killed Sara and it's worthwhile to watch

Hell-bent on exacting revenge and proving he was framed for his sister's murder, Álex sets out to unearth much more than the crime's real culprit.
    Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 I liked how they turned "Person of Interest" around. With the Bull, got it, NCIS and murders are not exactly my thing. I know what Blacklist is about, I tried it after I saw James Spader in the Office, but it was too short on sci-fi elements and comedy for me.

But I am intrigued by "The Flight Attendant", I read that it is a dark comedy as well. How is it in that capacity, does it have good satire bits, or is it more drama?

I have not actually tried Stargate, that was a bit before my time, but I have it on my list, I am catching up on old sci-fi franchises gradually. Currently, I am on Babylon 5 though.

I tried "The 100", but at the time it seemed a bit too "young adult" to me, at least in the first season. And that plot, I mean, the first thing you do after you arrive on a planet that's been through the nuclear apocalypse is to take a dip in the lake, I mean, come on. Does it get better in later seasons?

Under the Dome is based on King, and I personally thought that it had a bit of trouble trying to choose what to be. It started off like that mystery with a focus on the main challenges in surviving an unusual situation of being trapped under the Dome, with a bit of mystery on the side. Then in season 2 a few characters left, and it all got switched more into of an investigation into what the Dome is, and in season 3 they went and got aliens involved. I wish they'd work through one of the themes rather than spread out like that.

I watched all of the Expanse, but I am a bit disappointed they did not answer all the questions in the last season. Same as books, though, the last 3 books take place 30 years after the previous six, but the series is based on those 6 only. Maybe later we'll see the culmination of The Expanse, when they figure out how to make it 30 years in the future (I hope it will not be like they did with Twin Peaks season 3, though).

I loved Scrubs, but have not seen "Brooklyn Nine Nine" or "Modern Family", I'll look them up, thank you for these.