Which controller is better for PC?

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

I am facing a confusing choice, so I thought I'd write this post to ask for your advice as I need help with my decision.

For a while now, I've been thinking about buying myself a controller. While I only play with PC, some of the games are better played with one (Hollow Knight, I am talking about you). So even though I have no console, I thought I'd invest in a controller.

But with that came the obvious question: which controller to choose? The one from the Xbox or PS5?

Name:  ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).jpg
Views: 241
Size:  45.7 KB

I've done some research, and there are pros and cons to both. For example, people praise that PS5 one has separate buttons for each arrow while Xbox has them in the form of one big button, and there is an ongoing debate on which stick alignment is better. In the end, I got even more confused.

So I wanted to ask, those of you who use (or used) one (or both) of these, could you offer some advice? Which one is the better option?
  • 33 Replies

Level 21
    Hi Eldritch,

Personally, I prefer the PS controller (it suits better in my hands and it's beautiful), BUT I have an XBOX controller because it belongs to Microsoft, so full support and compatibility from them on PC. Sometimes you have to install a software in order for the PC/game read correctly the PS controller. Zero problems in that department with XBOX.

I hope I was able to help you!
    Jackie

Youtube
    Community Manager
    @j7schultz thank you, all good for the pros and cons list. PC compatibility is useful, though it is hard for me to imagine how frequently you rely on that. I do not plan on playing all games with a controller, so maybe installing software is not that big a burden. Decisions, decisions...
    Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch - When I was deciding for myself, the XBOX controller was waaaaayyyyy cheaper and with a big discount. I don't know how are things now or even if you want to put on your list. However, maybe it is something you would like to consider.
    Jackie

Youtube
    Community Manager
    @j7schultz Where did you shop for one? Did you use Amazon or official seller or a hardware store?
    Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch - A store called Media Markt
    I suppose Amazon works too.
    Jackie

Youtube
    Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch I use sometimes a ps controller with Steam.

The reason why? Cause I have PS4.
    😇

PS4 controller works well with Steam. 😅

I don't have Ps5 or last Xbox.
    Last edited by Ken3cento; 02-06-22 at 12:45.
    Level 21
    Hello Legion Gamers!

I am facing a confusing choice, so I thought I'd write this post to ask for your advice as I need help with my decision.

For a while now, I've been thinking about buying myself a controller. While I only play with PC, some of the games are better played with one (Hollow Knight, I am talking about you). So even though I have no console, I thought I'd invest in a controller.

But with that came the obvious question: which controller to choose? The one from the Xbox or PS5?

Name:  ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).jpg
Views: 241
Size:  45.7 KB

I've done some research, and there are pros and cons to both. For example, people praise that PS5 one has separate buttons for each arrow while Xbox has them in the form of one big button, and there is an ongoing debate on which stick alignment is better. In the end, I got even more confused.

So I wanted to ask, those of you who use (or used) one (or both) of these, could you offer some advice? Which one is the better option?
    @DoctorEldritch I still have an old Xbox 360 wired controller and it works fine on my pc. It's also time for me to upgrade. I'm not sure how my old controller will fare with newer releases. I still play old games with it. One of my faves is Mortal Combat.
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @Ken3cento thank you. Does it connect good to Steam? As @j7schultz mentioned, connectivity with PC is important and Xbox could get some points there. Any issues with your experience connecting PS4 to PC?
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I have never tried proper fighting games, to be honest. It is nice to know Xbox is good for them if I ever decide to give it a go, though. What I am most after is Metroidvanias.

But speaking of fighters, which Mortal Kombat, there's like 11 of them, and that's just counting the main ones?