Resident Evil 8: Village game discussion

Head of Community

How far would you go to save someone you love?

Resident Evil 8: Village is coming next week and there's a LOT of excitement and buzz going on for this one. Let me know in the comments if you've been waiting for this one? I've seen a few of you mention the game so far here on the community​​​​​​​!

NOTE / WARNING: If you haven't finished Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, do it fast now before reading further, or be spoiled (to some degree at least)!! 😄👀

Name:  RE8_DimitrescuC.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  110.9 KB

About the game
    Resident Evil Village is the 8th major game in the Resident Evil series. It is again powered by the RE Engine which promises super realistic graphics to further emphasize the horror survival atmosphere!

The story is set a few years after the horrible events in RE7 with Ethan and Mia living in peace and settled comfortably in a new location. Peace doesn't last for much longer though - new tragedy and danger lurks around the corner and Ethan once again has to fight for survival.

The story takes place in a village area with the settlements where the village people live, and a big Castle overshadowing the village. There will be numerous weapons and items you can use against enemies and use to your advantage outside of battle to progress in the game, which is familiar from the earlier game as well.

There's some interesting new characters to meet too - seen the buzz recently around the scary new RE enemy Lady Dimitrescu? 😅 😨 Random note - Capcom has confirmed she is 9'6" tall. That's 2.9 metres. 👀

Name:  RE8_VillageC.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  129.0 KB

Name:  RE8_SettlementC.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  293.2 KB

Name:  RE8_CastleC.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  121.6 KB

(Images from the official RE8 website)

DETAILS:

Developer & Publisher:
    Capcom
    ​​​​​​​Release date: 7 May 2021
    Engine: RE Engine
    Platforms: Windows, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Google Stadia
    Genre: Survival horror
    Modes: Single-player, Multiplayer

Read more about the game on the official Resident Evil Village website.

​​​​​​​

Ok who's going to play ASAP when this is released next week? Looking forward to meeting Lady Dimitrescu face to face? 😄 Which platform will you play this on? Let me know in the comments!
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 29-04-21 at 13:13.
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​☕ Hi I'm Marion and I'm part of the Legion Community Team!
  • 10 Replies

Head of Community
    Hey @Saku @Sander140​​​​​​​ saw you mentioned this one earlier! Excited for next week? 😄
    Level 1
    @Marion Yes for sure. I have preordered it on Stadia and looking forward to play it with my new Stadia Controller and Chromecast that you get for free when preordering on Stadia.
    ​​​​​​​
    Level 2
    Hi @Marion
    I tried already a short time on the PS4 the demo.
    I will try the demo on Stadia Experience with the Controller and Ultra, it is coming on the 2nd May ✌️👌
    Head of Community
    Ohh yeah I'm actually tempted myself as I don't have the Stadia Controller yet. It's been a while since I've played with a controller properly. I'll check it out thanks for the reminder @Sander140 !
    @Saku Oh yes I remember you mentioned you liked how the beginning of the game looks. I already liked the graphics and gameplay in RE7 so excited to see how RE8 can be even better.

​​​​​​​Quick question if anyone knows more than me: I have a Samsung smart TV - I wonder if I could nowadays play Stadia games on it through Chromecast using the Stadia controller? I have my PC of course but trying it on the bigger TV screen could be fun!
    Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    ​​​​​​​Quick question if anyone knows more than me: I have a Samsung smart TV - I wonder if I could nowadays play Stadia games on it through Chromecast using the Stadia controller? I have my PC of course but trying it on the bigger TV screen could be fun!

Of course you can enjoy to play directly on your TV with the Chromecast ULTRA, Only at this time ( the new Chromecast with Google TV + remote , it is not yet compatible Stadia ).
    I open the application Stadia on my phone and launch the game to the Chromecast Ultra connected on TV and using the Stadia controller - All connected to your WIFI.
    Head of Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Saku View Post
    The demo arrive on Stadia 😎
    ​​​​​​​https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/sta...04263277535232

Ahhh great thanks for the heads up @Saku! It says we can play the demo for free from 1st May which is tomorrow so I know what my weekend plan is now. 😄

And thanks for the info on the Chromecast / TV I'm considering setting it up! 😎
    Head of Community
    I've pre-ordered the game today! Can't wait to play it soon - only a few days until Friday!! 😁

Name:  cool-doge.gif
Views: 252
Size:  38.3 KB
    ​​​​​​​