What's a good cartoon to watch?

Replies
    views
    Level 21
    But why was it so disappointing, was it a bad story or did they not portray characters good enough or did they make some mistakes in lore, or maybe the animation was bad?

just a second to search for the video again to see why
    If you hit a wall, hit it hard​​​​​​​
    Community Manager
    @LockOut No problem, take your time! I am extra interested now because I was going to watch it from season 1 so as to watch the recent season 3, but your comment makes me cautious...
    Level 21
    @LockOut No problem, take your time! I am extra interested now because I was going to watch it from season 1 so as to watch the recent season 3, but your comment makes me cautious...

ok sorry he hate Wow film not dota one he liked dota one
    If you hit a wall, hit it hard​​​​​​​
    Level 21
    Hi there! Well Arcane is a must watch. From Netflix also Midnight Ghospel is amazing, also Adventure Time and A regular Show. Rick and Morty is also one of my favourites and Samurai Jack is absolutely awesome. And also @DoctorEldritch I know is not a Cartoon but if you still havent watched The Sandman go and do it now.

For some anime recommendations I have

Code Geass
    Noragami
    Mononoke Kusuriuri (is not princess Mononoke)
    ​​​​​​​Darker than Black

- - - Updated - - -
    @LockOut True! But really @DoctorEldritch Code Geass is really good. Amazing strategic anime full of wooow moments (sometimes not exactly good wow moments more like ohhhhh craaapp moments but that are still wow, idk if I explained myself lol😅). Is a must watch.
    Community Manager
    Hey @galadrielmt! Nice to hear from you!

I've seen Midnight Gospel, I like it fine, but I think it may be too avant-garde for mainstream, but that is one of its charms.

Adventure Time, yes, of course, but I must confess, never could get into A Regular Show. Tried it, but it did not fly for me. Maybe it is a slow starter and you need to sit through the first few episodes (or season) to really get into it?

Rick and Morty is good, and would I assume correctly then that, if you like R&M, you've also seen Solar Opposites?

Samurai Jack is on my list to rewatch after the final season came out not too long ago, but I need to get to it. Have been watching it as a kid, but do not remember most of it by now. But Tartakovsky is also making his next cartoon, Primal. Have you seen it?

And yes, I watched The Sandman, who do you take me for? Was not entirely on board with some casting choices, but all in all, I liked it.

I've seen Code Geass, and I liked it, even despite a few clearly "to move the plot along" story decisions Like of course Lelouch loses control of his power JUST as he told his sister to kill all the Japanese, I mean, what are the odds. But that is common for anime in general.

Have watched ​​​​​​​Darker than Black, and liked it fine, but there too, some decisions are for show rather than practical. Like knives with wires, ok, sure, they work, but a wrist ionizing laser would have been so much more efficient, I mean, come on, it's basic physics. But I guess knives look cooler

Have not seen the other 2, Noragami or Mononoke Kusuriuri, what are they about?
    Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch hey there! Hhahaha yes I also wanna watch Primal. Sure, a Regular Show is not for everybody but it has some really cool episodes. I really liked the Sandman, even though is not exactly as the comics but they kept the same dark atmosphere, which to me is the real escence of the story.

Noragami is a very good anime, not precisely dark but comedic and wholesome. The story goes about a God Yatogami who is so poor and so not very know that he doesnt even have a temple. The humans that dont know about him dont see him, but one day a schoolgirl saves his life (not that he needed it, he is a god) and kinda dies in the process. She gains the power to see spirital entities and asks the god to return the favour. They are a lot more plots and characters, but more or less that is how it begins. Reallay good soundtrack, really good action scenes and very wholesome. I recommend it very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JGfx2_kL-I&t=31s

Mononoke Kusuriuri is about a Kusuriori (japanese word for traveler doctor/healer/shaman) who fights demons. The character is very misterious and the animation style and arwork is like nothing you have seen in your life. It has bizarre moments and good moments and it is a pleasure to the eye (if you like rustic art, almosts like paintings that move). Not for everybody but I recommend it. Here is the only trailer I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhTrg0c1Q5k
    Community Manager
    @galadrielmt Thank you for the trailers! So then, if I understand correctly, Noragami is playing on the same field as Kamisama Hajimemashita, but more...teen, as it were?

Mononoke Kusuriuri looks very interesting style-wise, definitely worth a look. What is it in terms of story-feel, though, something like Katanagatari+Mushishi?
    Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch Mmmmm well... Noragami has more action and less romance than Kamisama Hajimemashita, is similar if we talk about a mortal getting a bit too involved in the world of the goods but appart from that, Noragami is its own thing. And I loved Kamisama Hajimemashita but Noragami is better (my humble opinion).

I have not wtached Katanagatari just the trailer (really good soundtrack and artwork, I see you like romantic anime). The artwork does remind me a bit of Mononoke Kusuriuri but I think the story of Katanagatari is not so simple (which is good). It also looks less disturbing as Mononoke (but hey, what do I know, still didnt watch it). I will surely check Katanagatari out, it does look pretty awesome.
    Community Manager
    @galadrielmt Ah, good to know, because there is a boy god and human girl involved, I assumed romance played a bigger part there. But good to know it is more focused on action. Maybe a story about gods and mortals does benefit from it.

Do watch Katanagatari, it is a good one, and when you do, we can compare notes about the ending (you'll know what I mean when you see it). And the style is interesting, and yes, it is not as...I don't know, vibrant, as Mononoke Kusuriuri. The story is not too complicated as far as the stories go, it is an "epic quest" variety, but the presentation is good. Though they did cut the story a bit from the manga to fit into the series format.
    Community Manager
    A recent post by @MoriMoonpaw about accessibility in games made me think about character representation in video games, and I could only come up with Jocker from the Mass Effect trilogy. So this weekend I was thinking about representation in cartoons, where it is slightly better.

I remembered Alma from Undone who has Cochlear Implant, I posted about that cartoon before in our Series thread (that was before we got ourselves a thread for cartoons). It is a good animated series with an interesting style and concept, but very little attention is focused on Almas hearing there.

Much more thought-provoking is another cartoon that came out just this year on Apple+, it is a short cartoon series (only 3 episodes) based on a best-selling book, but it centers around a hearing problem and learning to live with it, and is very well done. Here is a trailer:

And it is based on a true story, the author put her own childhood experiences into the book, which adds a whole layer of depth:

Find a superhero within. It was very well received, and brings up many important topics, so well worth a look if you have Apple+!