Hello, Legion Gamers!

The nostalgia is in right now. Don't even need to look far for an example, just take a look at Stranger Things. So no surprise that video games try to play nostalgic tunes, too. And just yesterday, a new TMNT game came out, that is a perfect nostalgia trip.

Name:  H2x1_NSwitchDS_TMNTShreddersRevenge_image1600w.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  111.8 KB

The original console TMNT game was one of the first games I played, ever. Back when I had no PC and had to go to my friends to play those old consoles with those little yellow cartridges when I was not busy attending kindergarten.

And I have to say, after trying Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, I do get that warm feeling of coming back to a family home, where everything is familiar but slightly not how you remember it. The gameplay is carefully preserved and really takes you back to the classic. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age:

So while it may not have a complex decision-driven story or an open world, a bit like Shovel Knight it takes you back in time, and not many games can do that (for me, at least). All the more reason for me to wait for the next Monkey Island game? I hope it will be able to do the same.

But we no longer need to wait for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge? so if you're feeling like taking a trip down the memory lane, or want to get the feel of how games were "way back then", then that's a good game to try! So who else is up for it?