LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW RePOP we have a trailer with a release date

Replies
    views
    Level 52

Released in 2012, LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW will soon be making its comeback on PC and consoles, on Steam, Switch, Xbox Series and PS5 on September 25, 2024 to be precise.
    The Switch version will have to make do with Full HD resolution (1080p) and a framerate of 30 fps, while the Steam, PS5 and Xbox Series versions will benefit from 4K resolution (2160p) and a framerate of 60 fps. September 25 will be the release date for digital versions only, but a physical version for consoles will be available in October.

A legitimate question will arise: what does this game bring?
    In addition to revised graphics (as a reminder, the game was on PS3/Xbox 360), this version will bring RePop Mode, which is a more colorful mode than the "Original Mode" and also less "violent". Loading times have been shortened (inevitably with the evolution of technology). Gameplay and camera movements have been improved, with faster movements and Auto QTE mode activated by default. In other words, the game has been brought up to date with current preferences.

The game is also thinking of Streamers, since there's a Streamer mode that kicks out a song to avoid copyright strikes, namely the song "Chordettes - Lollipop", in its place we'll have an original song.

For more details, visit the official website >>here<<

Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

• 3 Replies

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 I thought about Chordettes as soon as I read the name of the game. I see the devs did too...

The premise and genre are not new (though might have been at the time), but do you know if the game is whacky fun? I mean, is it closer to Saint's Row 3 and Sunset Overdrive and the whole thing is pretty much a zombie apocalypse farce, or maybe it is closer to Borderlands which has its moments but IMHO is not all that whacky (scale-wise, at least) or is it just a slasher?

To me, those presentations of characters and zombies (also borderlands style, but many do it, I am not sure who started it) and the overall vibe seem to be whacky enough. And @DracoTarot may want to take a look, it seems that those zombies might be metal musicians?

And is Juliet Starling cosplaying Kratos with the severed head look? Or, timescale-wise, is he cosplaying her? Either way, if they ever meet at a game character gathering (Wreck-It Ralph-style), that could be awkward...
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Juliet is a naive blond just like you cab imagine it from a cliché and her being a cheerleader doesn't help 😂
    The game has some funny parts (if my memory is still good) but nothing hilarious either. It's that kind of games where you have waves of enemies and you have to eliminate them (like Devil May Cry, Old God of War...etc) as for the head she has with her it's before God of War 2018 and after God of war 3 (2010) let's say God of war started the trend but got noticed even more in the reboot of 2018 😜
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 I guess my verdict for now is that I would not buy it, but I would try it on GamePass or something like that. It could be good fun, but if I am to spend money, there are stronger candidates out there now.