There's lots of things that make today awesome, but one of the main things for me is that Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is now available!!! 😁 I've been super excited for this and can't wait to revisit the ME universe again after so long. What about you?
Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome. Heart-pounding action meets gripping interactive storytelling where you decide how your unique story unfolds.
Experience the legend of Shepard: create and customize your own character, from appearance and skills to a personalized arsenal then lead your elite recon squad across a galaxy in turmoil.
Your choices seamlessly travel from one game to the next. Each decision you make will control the outcome of every mission, every relationship, every battle – and even the fate of the galaxy itself.
(See more on official game site)
Official remastered comparison trailer:
What's in it?
It has the whole trilogy of the main Mass Effect installations:
- Mass Effect
- Mass Effect 2
- Mass Effect 3
It also includes the DLC bits and pieces too - over 40 DLC from all 3 games!
What are the improvements?
In addition to just including all 3 games + DLC remastered (4K Ultra HD!!), the game has various other improvements too! I watched a great video just now on YouTube that talks about the 10 greatest changes - I'll list them here (all credit to the video author! 🙏) and the video embedded below too for more detail!
- Option to skip elevator rides (did those frustrate you too?)
- Better controls esp compared to ME1 including improved cover mechanics and aiming
- HUD improvements! ME1 HUD overhall brings it closer to the newer installations
- Faster cooldowns
- Unlocked weapon proficiency - any class can use any weapon right from the start
- Individual squad orders
- Various improvements to the Mako, such as easier to control, moving while repairing, no insta-death when touching lava
- Default FemShep from ME3 (canon) is now the default for ME1&2 too
- No more multiplayer from ME3; galactic readiness system has been rebalanced
- Rebalanced XP and level scaling for ME1 - new level scaling mode added
(Photos from official ME game site)
Also, there are new Shepard customisations including hair and makeup, eye colour and skin tones, and other gameplay improvements to e.g. sound and gameplay cameras.
Are you getting the game? Big Mass Effect fan? What's the most exciting improvement? Let me know 👇 😎