Game Pass : What's up for the second half of June 2024 ?

Replies
    views
    Level 52

Games coming to the Game Pass :
    • Still Wakes the Deep (Cloud, PC and Xbox Series X|S) - Available now
    • My Time at Sandrock (Cloud, Console and PC) - June 19
    • Keplerth (PC) - June 20
    • EA Sports FC 24 (Cloud, Console and PC) EA Play - June 25
    • SteamWorld Dig (Cloud and Console) - June 26
    • SteamWorld Dig 2 (Console and PC) - June 26
    • Robin Hood - Sherwood Builders (Cloud, PC and Xbox Series X|S) - June 27

DLC / Game Updates :
    • Minecraft: Tricky Trials Update - Available now

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks :
    • Smite: Summer Sizzle Pack - Available now
    • VigorMonster Hunter Now: New Season Bundle - Available now

Games leaving the Game Pass on June 15 :
    June 15 :
    • FIFA 22 (Console and PC)
    • F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch (Cloud, Console and PC)
    • Stranded Deep (Cloud, Console and PC)
    • Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (Cloud, Console and PC)
    • Sword and Fairy Together Forever (Cloud, Console and PC)

July 5 :
    • Cricket 22 (Cloud, Console and PC)
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

• 7 Replies

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 Nothing really interests me all that much here. That being said, I played SteamWorld Dig and Dig 2 and I enjoyed them, so I can recommend them. @halonfire if you want to try a short mining metroidivania game, then this could be something to look into.

But it could also be that I am biased as I generally like SteamWorld games. I am waiting for Heist 2 now.
    Level 34
    @DoctorEldritch SteamWorld Dig, a PS Vita game i never heard of! 9/10 on Steam 😎
    I will check it out, thanks!
    Community Manager
    @halonfire SteamWorld is a whole franchise now, developed by an indie studio. Dig 1 & 2 are good, but my favourite is Heist, which is why I am waiting for the second game now:

But that's a side-scroll 2-D tactical game with an emphasis on aiming, not metroidivania. Still, I can recommend it. And they also did the same thing Guild 2 did and partnered with irl steampunk band called Steam Powered Giraffe to record songs for the game, and they are even performing those songs in the game itself:

Name:  steam-world-music-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  51.4 KB

You can meet them in various in-game "bar hubs" between missions while they are "on tour" in the game world. They perform songs like this:

I hear they are making a comeback for Heist 2 too.
    Level 34
    @DoctorEldritch I played Steamworld Dig but its way too repetitive for my taste. I didn't "dig" it.
    Have yet to try Heist.
    Community Manager
    I didn't "dig" it.

Name:  brian-baumgartner-badumtss-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
Views: 32
Size:  897.7 KB

😁

Mining games can be like that, like farming, they tend to be on the repetitive side of the spectrum. Some enjoy it, some do not. Heist has more going for it in terms of dynamic, so maybe you'll like it better, though to fully enjoy it you need to like tactical games.
    Level 34
    @DoctorEldritch Heist is a turn based game. I don't really play those games maybe a bit of valkyria chronicles and worms. But hey i still have Blasphemous 2 in store! 😎
    Community Manager
    Heist is a turn based game.

That it is. I do not mind that, but to each his own. And yeah, there is Blasphemous 2. Do you know if that plan any expansions for that?