🍿 Recommend us your favourite movie! 🎬

Replies
    views
    Level 31
    @DracoTarot Wow Im gonna check that movie out it looks good
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch watched Moonfall yesterday and it's not a bad movie. Worthwhile to watch if you haven't already.

In Moonfall, a mysterious force knocks the Moon from its orbit around Earth and sends it hurtling on a collision course with life as we know it.

Community Manager
    @DracoTarot It's often hit-or-miss with AHS. I have not seen the last season yet, the double feature one. But you're right, they do vary in quality. My favorite is Asylum, and I did not like Hotel that much either.

I generally think something is missing since Jessica Lange left the show. So I enjoyed her cameo in Apocalypse, but I did not like how they introduced time-travel there. I mean, why make that emotional Murder House-based episode there at the end with many resolutions only to cancel it all out with a time-travel gig at the end. Ugh.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot New DC movie, nice! And that's the film that Aldis Hodge is in, because of that he could not be fully in Leverage: Redemption. So I also want to see what he's been spending his time on!
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Moonfall looks nice. I was hoping for something with more social commentary like Don't Look Up:

But something less serious with more action is also nice on occasion.
    Level 52
    @DracoTarot It's often hit-or-miss with AHS. I have not seen the last season yet, the double feature one. But you're right, they do vary in quality. My favorite is Asylum, and I did not like Hotel that much either.

I generally think something is missing since Jessica Lange left the show. So I enjoyed her cameo in Apocalypse, but I did not like how they introduced time-travel there. I mean, why make that emotional Murder House-based episode there at the end with many resolutions only to cancel it all out with a time-travel gig at the end. Ugh.
    @DoctorEldritch I liked Asylum a lot especial Pepper. She was one of my favourite characters. When actors leave it seems some of the series goes downhill. Their replacements can't live up to their predecessors. I also think some directors overthink things too much and it also backfires with the audience.

In my opinion, the new Pirates of the Carrebian film is going to fail miserably. No more Jack Sparrow. Johnny Depp was the only person who could play the role.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I liked Jessica Lange in AHS the most, and then she left, though I can see that Sarah Paulson tried to step in as a sort of a Prima Donna of the show, I think she is lacking...how to say...spice? A bit? She is good, but something is missing.

But in Asylum, I most liked Lily Rabe and how she portrayed being possessed. Pepper was fine, but they did not focus that much on her, she got almost no spotlight, sadly. I liked her better in Freak Show where she got the whole getting married ark, sort of.

And I did not even know there is a new Pirates of the Caribbean coming out. But you never know, it could be just me, but I liked Mikkelsens Grindelwald better than Depps. Of course, Johnny is the best Jack Sparrow, but who knows, there may well be another good pirate archetype out there. I would not have high hopes, though.
    Level 1
    @LilySensei (Paty)

Enigma (2014)
    I have not seen this film.

The Matrix (1999)
    Oh yes, a brilliant film. I think I've seen it several times with my friends during his time (about 10 times). I also find the following parts brilliant and appeal to me. Even the current 4 part is satisfactory for me. Even if your opinions differ.

The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
    Seen and found ok. But it's not one of my favourites.

Ready Player One (2018)
    Yes, a brilliant film. I saw this one at the cinema and really enjoyed it.

The Expendables (2010)
    One movie that comes to mind is this one. The other parts are also highly recommended. The actors in particular make me reminisce.
    "Speziesismus bezeichnet die [...] Diskriminierung von Lebewesen [...] ihrer Artzugehörigkeit. Dies schließt ein, dass das Leben [...] eines Individuums nicht [...] berücksichtigt wird, weil es nicht einer bestimmten Spezies, [...] Mensch [...], angehört."
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I liked most of the charters in AHS and they did well in their roles. Like you've said Pepper needed a bit more airtime in Asylum.

I think Pirates of the Caribbean is going to hit an all-time low at the cinemas. People won't waste money watching it. They will rather give it a go when it airs on Netflix. I could be wrong but it's just my opinion. 😊
    Community Manager
    @user333 I have not seen Enigma either, but with Matrix, I could never quite get what the hype is about. I mean, it is a good film, yes, and smart, but my admiration for it ends at that level. I don't think I have any film that I would rewatch as much as 10 times...

The Devil Wears Prada has an interesting history with me, I was researching it professionally at one point, comparing its impact with that of Confessions of a Shopaholic (both films have some common themes, hence the comparison, but TDWP was found to be more clever and impactful). So I had to watch it several times. I also find it ok.

I liked Ready Player One, though I'd say I missed many easter eggs. But if you liked that, you may be happy to know that a sequel Ready Player Two is in development, also based on the novel which is, in turn, a sequel to the novel that Ready Player One was based on. So the saga is not over.