🍿 Recommend us your favourite movie! 🎬

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot you know, I liked how in earlier seasons they mixed many things in all at once, in later ones they started to fix on one or two only, which is not that good for the anthology. Like in Asylum there was a maniac doctor, a possession, a nazi doctor with his experiments, a cunning nun, an angel of death, asylum freaks, a journalist investigating as an insane patient, plus some overview of asylum patients, too.

And in Apocalypse, for example, they did not touch on the common themes, like isolation in a closed bunker, or outside marauders, or establishing new dystopian order in the mini-society, all that normally horror stories of that kind are about. Instead, it is witches vs. the antichrist. Ugh.

As for Pirates of the Caribbean, well, a flop of a franchise is still a good enough show, so we could yet get something out of it. Besides, there is, however slim, a chance that, against all odds, it will actually be a nice restart (I know, wishful thinking, but hope and all that...)
    Level 21
    @DracoTarot you know, I liked how in earlier seasons they mixed many things in all at once, in later ones they started to fix on one or two only, which is not that good for the anthology. Like in Asylum there was a maniac doctor, a possession, a nazi doctor with his experiments, a cunning nun, an angel of death, asylum freaks, a journalist investigating as an insane patient, plus some overview of asylum patients, too.

And in Apocalypse, for example, they did not touch on the common themes, like isolation in a closed bunker, or outside marauders, or establishing new dystopian order in the mini-society, all that normally horror stories of that kind are about. Instead, it is witches vs. the antichrist. Ugh.

As for Pirates of the Caribbean, well, a flop of a franchise is still a good enough show, so we could yet get something out of it. Besides, there is, however slim, a chance that, against all odds, it will actually be a nice restart (I know, wishful thinking, but hope and all that...)

@DoctorEldritch I'm in desperate need of a series which keeps me captivated. I'm would like something like Game of Thrones or similar to air again.
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Well, if it's GoT you're after, then House of the Dragon will come out soon.

But for now, in a similar genre, have you tried The Wheel of Time?

Not exactly GoT, but while we wait, I'd say worth a look.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot ​​​​​​​Or, for something captivating but from a different setting completely, have you tried a more sci-fi space opera The Expanse?

It ran for 6 seasons and is now over, but I liked it. The book series it is based on, however, has 3 more books, but those are set 30 years after the previous 6 (that it's based on).

​​​​​​​So we may get a continuation at some point to wrap up the whole story, not sure how it will work though (I hope they will not pul the Twin Peaks stunt and make us wait in real time, though).
    Level 21
    @DracoTarot ​​​​​​​Or, for something captivating but from a different setting completely, have you tried a more sci-fi space opera The Expanse?

It ran for 6 seasons and is now over, but I liked it. The book series it is based on, however, has 3 more books, but those are set 30 years after the previous 6 (that it's based on).

​​​​​​​So we may get a continuation at some point to wrap up the whole story, not sure how it will work though (I hope they will not pul the Twin Peaks stunt and make us wait in real time, though).

@DoctorEldritch The Expanse I haven't watched yet. For the past year I basically wandered off from Scifi and I think it's time to start watching some spacey stuff again. I will give it a go! 😊
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I liked it, and it works in your favor in a sense where, if you end up liking it too, then you have whole 6 seasons from start to end already waiting for you. And it is not "hard scifi", it is very much about politics, factions, plots, and conflict, but in space.

Level 21
    @DracoTarot I liked it, and it works in your favor in a sense where, if you end up liking it too, then you have whole 6 seasons from start to end already waiting for you. And it is not "hard scifi", it is very much about politics, factions, plots, and conflict, but in space.

@DoctorEldritch I'm sure The Expanse will keep me occupied for a while. I will definitely watch it.
    DracoTarot
    Level 4
    Might be late to the party, and I know many movies, don't have ones I think are the best. But I know many many movies. So I'll just give two from the same topic, which is

Deep (kind of sad) movies:
    - Song of The Sea (animation)
    - Intersteller

Any movie with the deep unknown (ocean or space) or/and gives you the feeling of time lost, being too late for something, or failing someone you love. These things always get into my deep emotional core. If you movies of that type, I'll be happy to hear them.