🍿 Recommend us your favourite movie! 🎬

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Name:  jakob-owens-CiUR8zISX60-unsplash.jpg
Views: 5155
Size:  256.4 KB

Hello everyone!

It might only be Wednesday, but I'm already dreaming about Saturday morning, while sipping on my fifth cup of coffee to stay awake ☕. As it's still cold and rainy in London -yesterday we even had hail 🌨😑- my plans for this weekend remain more "Netflix on my sofa with a blanket" than "going out for a drink with friends".

So ladies and gents, I need your help! 🙏 Please leave in the comments your favourite movie -or movies! I think that after a year of being locked up at home, we could all use a good recommendation! Since one must lead by example, here are some of my favourites:

Enigma (2014) - The historical drama

An excellent cast, even a better soundtrack, tied together by a great script. You'll end up with a lump in your throat or you'll even shed a tear or two, but I can't recommend you this movie enough:

The Matrix (1999) - An oldie but a goodie

I doubt there's anyone in the community who hasn't seen it, but since a new Matrix film- hopefully better than the two and three of the original saga 😝 - comes out in December this year, here's a little reminder of how revolutionary this movie was at the time, both in terms of plot and special effects:

The Devil Wears Prada (2006) - The one I could watch a thousand times

The Devil Wears Prada has it all: a relatable protagonist, a cool hero's journey, an excellent villain played by Meryl Streep - well, that Miranda is a villain is debatable - and an amazing Stanley Tucci, who shines from start to finish.

Ready Player One (2018) - The gaming one
    Since this is a gaming community, recommending a movie about gaming/based on a video game is a given. While many the films based on video games end up being quite disappointing -Doom, Super Mario Brothers, I'm looking at you- some are actually quite good, like Ready Player One. If you miss the 80's and love a good dystopian story, I can assure you'll enjoy Ready Player One.

Even if you don't like the plot at all, all the gaming cameos -Sonic. Duke Nukem, Halo, Lara Croft, Chun Li, Tracer from Overwatch, just to name a few- will make the experience an enjoyable one for any gamer.

I think I also like this film because I've got a personal anecdote with it: I happened to be living in Birmingham when the filming for this movie was taking place in the city, and I was able to see a bit of the action taking place next to my old yoga studio! Everyone was trying to get a glimpse of Spielberg or the main cast but we only saw a few extras and a camera crew
    😅. However, some of the scenes filmed in the city did make it into the final cut!

Have you seen some -or all- these movies? Leave us your recommendations in the comments!
    → Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
  • 84 Replies

Level 2
    Devil2010 ‧ Horror/Thriller
    A bit old but a good one
    Name:  images (8).jpeg
Views: 865
Size:  120.4 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Fargo season 1 only

U will like this guy a lot 🤣🤣🤣
    Name:  13FARGO-articleLarge.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  25.3 KB
    Level 12
    Have you seen Jankos Rates? Our favorite comedy of the year, 10/10

Last edited by G2Esports; 20-05-21 at 13:28.
    Community Manager
    Have you seen Jankos Rates? Our favorite comedy of the year, 10/10

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Th7uNLja6KKBTu
    I totally agree 🤣

Jankos Scream Rates are amazing!🤣
    Community Manager
    It's not easy to recommend movies without focusing on a specific category.
    @Paty I've seen all the movies you've listed and I think they're absolutely worth watching. Even the hilarious film about giant insects 🤣

Here are a few movies I have recently watched and would be happy to watch again.

Donnie Darko

Parasite

Tomboy

Very different movies, but in the end they left me with something. 🍿
    Community Manager
    @Hmg thanks for the recommendations! I watched the trailers and I'm definitely watching Fargo, now Devil... not so sure! I use lifts quite often 😂I still can't see a log truck without fear thanks to one of the Final Destinations 😬😂
    Community Manager
    @G2 Esports Quality stuff guys! thanks for sharing 😎
    Community Manager
    @Walter thanks for recommending Donnie Darko, I've heard is a cult film, just checked the trailer -looks amazing!- I now have a plan for today's evening 🍿 I watched Parasite last year and it's a brilliant movie, if someone in the community hasn't seen it, go and watch it! 🎥
    Level 28
    @Paty The Butterfly Effect is an underrated movie:

My favourite of all times is definitely Batman: The Dark Night!
    Community Manager
    @CB84 I checked the trailer for the Butterly Effect and I just found out that Ashton Kutcher could play a serious role! 😯for me he has always been the funny guy from the 70s show.

It looks brilliant by the way!