🍿 Recommend us your favourite movie! 🎬

Replies
    views
    Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch 😂. It's in my nature to go above and beyond sometimes. I like challenges once in a while and figured I'll point out the differences.

​​​​​​​
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot that's admirable. And those differences need to be acknowledged, too. Although, despite all of them, I hope that it is still clear how similar the scenes are in general. But the series had many puns about other spy movies, too. Check out their take on Mission Impossible:

A little trivia fact: Mission Impossible films with Tom from 1996 onwards are, actually, also a revival of the 1960s series Mission Impossible, that series was a more serious spy plot. Get Smart was a parody comedy, but they were produced at the same time, so there are some puns in Get Smart about that, too, like the one above.
    Level 21
    @DoctorEldritch no acknowledgement needed LOL!! I think sometimes I must look over things. The smallest details would bother me like scenes in movies where something was visible in the background and all of a sudden it's not there anymore.

It happens especially with posters. Same room with a scene where they stopped filming and continue afterwards and the poster will either be missing or another one will be in its place if you know what I mean. I always spot the fine detail and I like to point them out.

I liked all the Lampoons movies and they were great!! The MAD photo brings back many memories. I remember purchasing MAD magazines from our local gas station. Always a fun read and loved the illustrations.
    DracoTarot
    Community Manager
    @DoctorEldritch no acknowledgement needed LOL!! I think sometimes I must look over things. The smallest details would bother me like scenes in movies where something was visible in the background and all of a sudden it's not there anymore.

So you'd spot the coffee cup on the Game of Thrones set? I know they had this mishap in one of the seasons.

I liked all the Lampoons movies and they were great!! The MAD photo brings back many memories. I remember purchasing MAD magazines from our local gas station. Always a fun read and loved the illustrations.

I have not actually seen any of those. I noted Lampoons down to take a look, but with MAD, I know of it, but it was not easily available in print where I grew up, and it seems to me that it is a bit like South Park: better read when events it describes are happening almost in real-time. I think I will miss many references if I try to catch up now.