Positive Media Day: Batman!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot The Community is not on Netflix anymore, they removed it a couple of months back. It's only on Hulu now.

Rowan Atkinson is a comedy actor first and foremost, I am not sure if he ever tried to branch out into something serious, he takes his comedy craft seriously and with focus. Chances are he could do it, he was...sort of semi-serious in Keeping Mum, but he enjoys working in comedy.

The Crow may yet surprise you, but yeah, it is unlikely. Everyone keeps playing nostalgia cards these days...
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Batman released the first proper trailer:

His voice is not bad, but... I don't know, something is missing, it is either not deep or raspy enough. Or maybe that's just me.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Then I need to find a Torrent somewhere or ask someone if they do not have the episodes.

I found a series where he played as a detective and his role seems to be more serious. Rowan Atkinson portrays the fictional French detective Jules Maigret in a feature-length drama for ITV - Maigret Sets a Trap, coming this Easter to ITV.

- - - Updated - - -

@DoctorEldritch I agree. His voice could have been a little deeper.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Good find, I did not know he did that. Though I do not imagine him as Inspector Maigret, the way he is described in books is different. And he is an iconic character standing next to Poirot, Holmes and Dupin.

I looked into it and it is not coming this Easter, it's from 2016-2017. And I would say I do not quite like how it was executed. It lacks this...vibe, feeling of France, they say it takes place there, but it is still very English. But it is common practice for English producers to do that, I recently gave "Gentleman in Moscow" a try, and it was so cringy for me, it is so inaccurate to those who are more familiar with that period. I think that, more than Rowan not being an ideal fit for the role, might have been the reason why it got cancelled after only 2 mini-seasons.

Well, maybe we can let it pass on the grounds that the setting shows how Batman first started, they mentioned "3 weeks" in the trailer. So he is supposedly younger there than other versions of the character that we know. Might be a good enough reason why it is not deep enough yet.

But also, this:

Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch The series looks strange, and I won't watch it. I agree with you Rowan does not fit the role at all. I'd rather rewatch Holmes.

It would be a good idea to integrate a voice manipulation device into his suit, then Batman doesn't have to struggle with altering his voice. The video is funny! 😂
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Yeah, same. I gave it a brief try after you told about it, but I thought, nah. Though Holmes has his share of misfortunes, I think. For example, I do not like Cumberbatch's version at all. But I do like Suchet's Poirot, and he is impressive with his voice technique. @GoLLuM13 and @ramax maybe can tell if it is accurate:

I think in some films it was his mask, or the part of the costume that is throat, that changes his voice, but I can't remember which. Then again, some may say Batman can be hard to understand with a deep voice:

Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch When French people speak English it's way worse than this, no offense to anyone though 👀
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<