Hello Legion Gamers!

Epic Games Store offers games for free every week. This week, the free game is...

Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition

SAIL THE STARS. BETRAY YOUR QUEEN. MURDER A SUN. Sunless Skies is a Gothic Horror roleplay game with a focus on exploration and exquisite storytelling.

This game is right up my alley. It's steampunk, it's Lovecraftian (sort of but close enough), it has highly acclaimed storytelling, I can recommend it. From the people behind Sunless Sea in a ship (or a sub), this game too is set in the Victorian Gothic universe of Fallen London, but instead of sailing the eerie under-terrestrial sea, this time you traverse the not-less-eerie skies in a steampunk flying locomotive. And it is the expanded Sovereign Edition to boot!

If I wanted to be critical, I'd say combat gameplay is unpolished, and the most important issue is, you need to enjoy reading. The game excels in telling stories and creating an atmosphere, but there is a lot of text. A lot. But eldritch fans and those who like this universe and setting, and have no qualms with reading, this game could be very rewarding. And as it's free, I'd advise you to at least try it, while the offer lasts.

So... All aboard?