Steam is having a Summer Sale!

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I remember I played most of The Witcher 2 on hard because normal felt too easy after getting out of the first hellhole. I thionk Flotsam was the name?
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka Witcher 2 for me felt a bit restrictive with their semi-linear chapter approach: there was indeed a bit of a gap between the level of area monsters and the power you could reach, I get it.

How about Hogwarts Legacy? I remember once you learned a few good spells, it became very easy even on the hardest difficulty...

And on that note, have you tried Vampyr?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I must say I did not play Hogwarts Legacy on the hardest difficulty. I needed something more casual when started the game. Hard to have proper reflexes when you are on opioids all the time. At least that is no longer the case. The current meds seem to only affect me slightly in terms of processing.

Never tried Vampyr.

Currently still playing Kena. It feels good when there's an encounter that looks like a pain in the ass, but then I win it mostly cleanly on the third attempt. 😁
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka Ah, I see. For me, it was less about reflexes and more that some spell synergies are overpowered once you upgrade them. I mean, once you upgrade all the spells (that have that upgrade option) to also curse enemies and then upgrade Avada Kedavra to kill all cursed enemies in addition to the target, you can slice through most encounters very easily.

Ah, Vampyr has that curious mechanic when it comes to enemies and levels, but if you never tried it then maybe better not get into it.

Kena is nice, but how are you doing with those totem reward fights that need you to do them without getting hit or with a timer? Those were problematic for me, I remember.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Ah right. I opted not to learn the unforgivable curses, so I didn't have that OP synergy. Some other spell combos worked nicely though.

The timed fights require multiple attempts for me, right now I decided to leave one of the cursed chests for later, because the initial spawns of the mobs make it problematic to kill 15 before timer is over. I need to refine my tactics there. 😁
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka I was surprised how many spells were designed to synergize with unforgivable spells, actually. Stupefy, Arresto Momentum, Flipendo and Expelliarmus all have that, that's a lot. It's like the game is pushing you to be evil 😈

What helped me was to upgrade most of the abilities before attempting those timed trials. That made it a lot easier for fights. But timed shooting challenges were still hard despite that.