TV news potpourri, part 2!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

A bit of news (both good and less so) from the realm of TV series!

To start with, a bit of unfortunate news for the fans of Horizon: Netflix cancelled the plans to move forward with the series based on Horizon Zero Dawn:

Name:  Screenshot(120).png
Views: 27
Size:  56.1 KB

But the reason behind this is more sinister this time than just expense consideration, so I can sympathise with the decision. That, and I never really liked Horizon plot anyway, it seemed a bit too basic to me. On a side note, Steve Blackman still finished the final season of Umbrella Academy which will release in a month, on the 8th of August, and got its last teaser today:

But onto more positive news. Something ends and something begins, in this case, Ubisoft announced the launch of Watch Dogs film:

Name:  2299d3d4-8858-4547-b1d7-5f7517992aab-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  69.9 KB

This is curious: they scrapped the future games of this franchise after Watch Dogs Legion did not do so well for them. But despite that, they opted to make a movie. Maybe looking at the success of Fallout or The Last of Us, though I wonder why they chose a movie rather than a series format?

This is not all. Though not based on a game, there is a rumour going around that Disney is working on Devil Wears Prada 2. The first movie came out almost 20 years ago back in 2006, but these days it is in fashion to make sequels, and since the first one was decent enough (to me, at least) and they are calling in the writers from back then so maybe it will turn out good. Or no, after all, they ran out of the book source material.

And now for a short check of things going according to plan: Stranger Things is in the middle of filming the last season:

Name:  1f5b804d-43e9-4e9e-97b9-ee76da923ad8-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  94.8 KB

By the way, we do not know if Joseph Quinn (Eddie Munson) may return in the last season in any capacity (he himself did not confirm or deny that), but we will definitely see him in Gladiator 2 in November.

The Last of Us season 2 also seems to be going well filming the second season. And for those more into criminal dramas, Landman is also well in development.

And finally, WandaVision spin-off Agatha All Along got a release date of 18th of September, and shared a teaser to mark the occasion:

Though there is another series that we'll see earlier than that: Futurama is coming back on the 29th o July, in just 3 weeks now:

So, with the exception of cancelled Horizon, anything you will be waiting for?
  • 2 Replies

Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I'm looking forward to the new season of Stanger Things and The Las of Us.

I still have all the episodes of Futurama on a portable and will never delete them.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I am with you on Stranger Things, more so as it is the last season, too. I do not watch TLoU as I have not played the games yet, I will watch them afterwards. But I do like Futurama, I was happy when they revived it (again). And I guess I'll watch the Umbrella Academy, not because it's particularly good, but I watched the previous seasons and it is the last one, so...might as well...