Piranha Bytes is gone, but Gothic is not forgotten

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Speaking of another classic, I recently found out that Little Big Adventure is getting a remaster. They were working on a relaunch and then it got scraped, and there was a lack of funding and interest from publishers. But that seems to have changed since then, and now the project has become too big and ambitious:

That's from 1994, 30 years ago. 1997's LBA 2 was one of the first games I played when I got my own PC back then, not sure how many people know of it. Maybe @GoLLuM13 or @ramax would.

And back then lack of interest was why the third part never saw the light of day. It could be that if the remake does well, we may even see part 3 after all...
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I used to love LBA when I was a kid even if I couldn't finish it, it was super fun
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 It was hard to get access to games back when, with all the CDs and such, so I ended up playing LBA2 first. But that game had a bug where in-game video scenes would not play, and I did not realise it right away because I was small back then, but I ended up missing some plot points. I still finished the game, and years later I played it again properly, and part 1 as well.

And now if we're lucky we'll get to do it again, but differently 😉