Check out a couple of animes!

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Haven't heard of it, but the trailer looks nice.

Currently I am hyped for the third season of Bleach: TYBW that's coming in October. The quality of the first seasons was top notch, it felt like the return to the good OG Bleach but with a darker mood overall.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka Can you watch it without having watched the original Bleach? I am always wary of going into such long series, they go on and on, and at a certain point, you get so behind you can't even really start watching them because they've been around for ages. Like Simpsons 😅
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch If you have no idea what happened in the original series, that's not the best idea imo. A few of the anime arcs were fillers though, and those can be safely skipped.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka I'd need to look into if there is some sort of watching guide telling what should be watched and what can be skipped. I'm sure there should be something like this. I am more worried about time commitment: as I mentioned to @AmrAli1, I have my current animes planned out, and I am not sure I'd have the amount of time needed to get into those long series. The last "long" series I watched was "Attack on Titan" after they finally released the ending, I binged all seasons. But these days shorter stories are more my thing...
    Level 43
    @DoctorEldritch

Alot of animes have been ruined cause studio changing also they cut alot of scenes from manga and make anime tasteless , that's what happened for fairy tail latest season, we all waited for it and it was disappointing
    I think the reason they want to publish it as fast as possible but thankfully they backed with a new season and story but it's good
    Community Manager
    @AmrAli1 True about the studios, but I'd say altering manga is debatable. Take Onepunchman, for example: the first season was by Madhouse and they added to manga and filled in some things. Like the iconic training fight between Saitama and Genos, it was not as dynamic in the manga, and that famous shot of Saitama's punch blowing a hole through the mountain behind Genos is not in the manga:

Name:  hesz195w5gj61.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  88.1 KB

Then season 2 is by J.C.Staff and not only did the art quality drop, but they also did not take any creative liberties like that and just animated manga almost take by take. Cutting out many things, naturally, but not adding almost anything of their own. And it was worse for it, the second season was not as good as the first. Maybe they'll do better with season 3.

The point is that not following manga by frame may not necessarily be a bad thing if you can put your own spin on what you're making and add to it in a good way. Simply following the manga may just be...well, lazy and not creative.
    Level 43
    @DoctorEldritch

In fairy tail it was soo bad cause they didn't add extra scenes they just copied paste from manga cause the studio didn't have enough money and time
    Community Manager
    @AmrAli1 I am not sure why they did that in Onepunchman 2. Maybe it was money, maybe they were just lazy, but the result was not that good to me either. I stuck to manga after that.