Harry Potter: Quidditch Champions got a trailer!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

Hogwarts Legacy came out last year, but is still high in game rankings. So much so that it was a leader in Steam last week in the UK, followed by the new Sims 4 expansion.

But good game though it is, it's missing one of the more iconic features of Harry Potter games: Quidditch. So for those who wanted a taste of this famous fictional sport, here is a piece of good news: Harry Potter: Quidditch Champions is approaching and announced a trailer:

Not that long now. Any HP fan out there who wants to give it a go? @Saka, maybe you? 😉
  • 4 Replies

Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Oh, this game reminds me a bit of Quidditch from the old games for PC, Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. You were following the snitch flying through some kind of rings, similarly like in the trailer here.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka I think many Quidditch elements in those games had something like that. But before, it was mostly an extra little bit of a bigger game. Interesting now how they took it out and made the whole game just out of that.

Also, looks a bit Sims to me. Maybe it's just me though.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch It's going to be interesting to see if Quidditch is fun enough to fill a game of its own or it just ends up being boring after a short session.

I did a fair bit of the Quidditch minigame in the Chamber of Secrets game, playing it until winning the finals, but it was not that long to get there.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Community Manager
    @Saka If football or tennis can do it, then probably quidditch can too... I mean, FIFA does well for itself, and it's mostly the same thing.

Although, sports games these days often have contracts with clubs to use the likenesses of their players, so you have "avatars" of famous footballers, tennis players and so on in the game, both with looks and ability, and that gets fans excited. Quidditch does not have that, we know there is Viktor Krum and it seems that most of the Harry Potter gang makes an appearance (though what they are doing in professional Quidditch matches is questionable), but other than that, we did not see that much "professional quidditch lore" of Wizarding World. That puts the game at a disadvantage, but also gives it a chance to build that lore a bit.

I played Quidditch in HP games too. Did not particularly enjoy it, but I am a completionist.