Deadpool designed a controller!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

Deadpool & wolverine is taking the world by storm and even made it into the Guinness World Records. Personally, I do not like cinemas and am waiting for it to make its way to home screens. Nothing against big screens and I realise how they can be immersive and captivating, but I like the ability to pause and do not like watching with a bunch of popcorn-chewing or (the worst!) whispering strangers. But that's a rant for another time.

Thank you @YeiCov from our Spanish community for pointing this out: given the success of the movie, Microsoft jumped on board and collaborated with everyone's favourite fouth-wall-breaking mercenary to create the coolest controller:

Name:  microsoft-has-made-an-xbox-controller-shaped-like-deadpools_nwgm.1920-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-conv.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  87.5 KB

It already proved very popular. So much so that there may just be more of these in the future. And if we're lucky, not just Marvel characters. Even if Marvel has an odd fascination with this body part at times:

But we may well get more game characters presented this way too, one may hope. So the question needs to be asked: which characters (game or otherwise)...posterior...would you like to see next?

For me, maybe if the next Joker movie does well, we'll get to see the backside of the Clown Prince of Crime? 😉
  • 11 Replies

Level 49
    Recommendation of former movie theater worker, if you really want to enjoy a movie on the big screen, go to the first session on Monday or Tuesday, it is possible that in a room for 400 - 600 people you and those who go with you are alone. The best thing about the past was the sound, but today with the digitization of the rooms, you can see a lot the increase in the image quality.

The truth is that I've let go as much as I have before, but there are types of movies that are worthwhile.

- - - Updated - - -

The themed video game controllers in general seem like a very good idea, Sony's God Of War I love!. Other characters I'd love to see transformed into a controller would be Ironman (as an Ironman Elite controller is going to cost me to keep the card in my wallet), Baby Yoda o Asoka. Leaving Disney franchises aside and bringing out a certain freaky side afloat, I'd like to see a dual Ranma 1/2 controller.
    Community Manager
    @YeiCov That's an interesting biography trivia. So you're the best person to judge if this game is realistic or not:

😉

After you mentioned it, I thought, with Grogu/Baby Yoda transforming into a controller is possible if they build it upside down, so you're holding his "ears" and circles with arrows and buttons would be eyes, that would make design sense to me. But for Kratos, if they got the same route as Deadpool, I am not sure we actually get to see his behind, he is usually wearing that skirt of his. So it'd have to be something else. Ironman or Asoka would work well though, and Ironman could call for interesting design choices, too.

About Ranma, maybe something can be custom-made these days, at least in a sticker form? Or maybe, we talked about keyboards with anime flair some time ago, I think @Saka has one. Those may be customizable, so if not a controller, maybe something like that could be an option.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch It's easy to add some personal touch to a mechanical keyboard. You just need to change the keycaps. I have a set of pink ones, called 'Spring in Kyoto' and another that's Samurai-themed.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    Level 49
    @DoctorEldritch🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
    Community Manager
    @DoctorEldritch It's easy to add some personal touch to a mechanical keyboard. You just need to change the keycaps. I have a set of pink ones, called 'Spring in Kyoto' and another that's Samurai-themed.

I seem to remember that they also come in specific anime style? I think Demon Slayer was the one. But I may be remembering it wrong. And even if not, Demon Slayer is probably bigger than Ranma these days, at least, in the keyboard manufacturer's eyes. But maybe something "close enough" can be found.
    Community Manager
    @YeiCov Even the bit about poop cleaning and asking visitors not to do that in the cinema?

And how many people are there in the team? If some of them still work there, then it's like they do the work and then play doing the same work again, that'd probably not be too fun...

But yeah, people who actually did those jobs, be it house flipping or managing cinema or doing surgery would probably experience simulators differently from those unfamiliar with the process, and may even enjoy them more (or less).
    Level 49
    @DoctorEldritch
    I insist, reality far outweighs fiction. Bringing out couples who are doing their thing... getting people out who think they may be moving from one movie to another, etc.

I was working for 'warner lusomundo sogecable' and 'Cinesa'
    Community Manager
    @YeiCov Oh no, I get you. I never worked in a cinema, but I worked in a hotel. I saw things I can't unsee.

I guess the game wants to shield people from the cruellest aspects of reality (unless it's for the shock factor). I was just checking if the game exaggerated about poo in particular or not, I honestly would not be surprised anymore.

I don't know the brands you mentioned, though, and it may depend on that. In one town I lived in there was a special smaller cinema only for older or arthouse movies so the clientele was niche movie lovers with specific interests mostly. And it was pristine and orderly all the time because those people were really into movies more than anything else. But big chains must have it tough.
    Level 49
    Warner... i'm sure you know it... 🙄