1️⃣0️⃣4️⃣ Artificial Intelligence 🤖

Replies
    views
    Level 15
    Well, I remember back in early 2000s, one of my favorite games was Shenmue. NPCs in that game felt real for the time. Then you could mention F.E.A.R. but that wasn´t actually smart NPCs but a good trick by the developers to make it seem like they reacted to every action you did and tried to anticipate them. But if you move on, you got to mention the Elder Scrolls games, of course, RDR2 (devote some time following one of them and you will see just how much they actually do). You could also give some mention to Shadow of War with its expansive dialogue, Rain World (mentioned earlier on this thread by @mazen18), or Alien Isolation (though, to be fare, its actually something similar to what they did on F.E.A.R.). I am sure I am leaving a lot of games, but these were the ones that first came to mind.
    Level 23
    Chess. Even the top minds in the world get demolished by the insanely advanced AI in this game 😵‍💫

Metal Gear Solid 5 has the best implementation of artificial intelligence for me. You start infiltrating the enemy base camp at night? They start using night vision.

You keep headshotting them? They will start wearing helmets. There are so many other ways in which they adapt to your playstyle. It's a good example of an AI which is firmly sandwiched between dumb and too smart.

Seeing it mentioned here, imma have to give Rainworld a shot. What's unique about the AI in this game?