Farewell Game Informer...

Replies
    views
    Level 23
    Yeah there's probably some behind the scenes stuff going on cuz I was fully expecting a new Judgement game after Infinite Wealth.
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH There is always something going on. But on a more positive note, the devs claim that the "Like a Dragon series will keep being about middle-aged guys doing middle-aged guy things". Which is all good and well, I suppose. Faces may change if the core stays the same. After all, it is hard to fill Kiryu's shoes, Ichiban does not really manage, at least, to me...

And hey, they promised to "surprise" everyone with the new game they are cooking up, and chances are they will showcase it at Tokyo Game Show 2024 in just 2 weeks (26th of September). And as, at this point, it would be surprising for it to be a new Judgement game, well... who knows, it may actually be it. 😉
    Level 23
    That's great 😄 So glad that they aren't following the manga template where teenagers are usually the top pick for "middle-aged guy things" 😅

Oh wow seems like we might get some big games at TGS this time. Death Stranding 2 already has a panel, and now a new Yakuza game 😯 Btw I saw some rumours flying around that we might get to see Kiwami 3 soon 🤔
    Community Manager
    That's great 😄 So glad that they aren't following the manga template where teenagers are usually the top pick for "middle-aged guy things" 😅

Well, we have the Persona series for that 😅 followed by a myriad of visual novels...

We shall know the truth very soon, but we can speculate. I did not really "get" Death Standinjg the first time, so while it is good the sequel is coming, it is neither here nor there for me. The new Yakuza game is intriguing.

As for Kiwami 3, I am not sure. I mean, Yakuza games 1 and 2 got Kiwami versions, but games 3-5 got Remasters, so they did sort of get a makeup, they are playable on modern devices and everything. It could be nice to get a Kiwami of Yakuza 3, but honestly, with an option to play the remastered version right now, I'd be happier if they spent their time and resources on something new or something that is not remastered yet. Like Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! After Ishin remaster it would make sense to do that one too.