Ask Marshmella your questions and stand a chance to WIN!

Replies
    views
    Level 23
    Tali'Zorah from the Mass Effect series is one of the finest examples of how to handle character development in a game. Her journey from an awkward and shy but extremely talented engineer to a confident leader for her people is masterfully executed 😄

Esports could see a major demographic shift if developers focused on games for a female audience. But with rising development costs, companies tend to play it safe, and even indie games are lacking. More female-targeted games could ignite competition and bring more women into gaming. Content creators like Marshmella could then rally together to host game jams (games for females by females) and tournaments, creating a smoother entry point for female gamers into esports.

Question for Marshmella
    In this community, our tagline is "Reach your impossible." So, what’s something you once thought was out of reach as a female content creator but ended up nailing anyway?

My post is now 🎶Done Done Done 🎶
    Level 30

Strong Female Characters in Gaming

Trish Crimson, a protagonist in the Mass Effect series, is known for her strength, courage, and leadership abilities. Ellie Williams from The Last of Us is a powerful and independent character who faces tough challenges in a post-apocalyptic world. Symmetra from Overwatch is renowned for her sniping skills and precision. And Max Caulfield in Life is Strange is a teenager with the power to rewind time, using it to solve problems.
    These characters, and many others, have proven that women can be strong and influential figures in the gaming world, and that their stories deserve to be told.

Empowering More Women in Esports

There are many ways we can encourage more women to get involved in esports:

• Providing a safe and supportive environment: The competitive environment in esports should be safe and free from harassment and discrimination, so that women feel comfortable and able to express themselves.
    • Breaking stereotypes: We must work to break down stereotypes about female gamers and show that gaming is not just a hobby for men, but a field where everyone can thrive.
    • Offering training and development opportunities: Training and development programs for women in esports should be provided to help them develop their skills and achieve their goals.
    • Highlighting success stories: The success stories of professional female gamers should be highlighted to serve as role models for the next generation.
    • Supporting women's events and competitions: Women's events and competitions in esports should be supported to provide a platform for participants and encourage them to compete.

Would you like me to elaborate on any of these points, or perhaps explore a different aspect of women in gaming?
    Here are some possible directions we could take:

• The impact of representation: How does having strong female characters in games influence players, especially young girls?
    • The challenges faced by women in esports: What are some of the unique obstacles that women encounter in the gaming industry?
    • The role of the gaming community: How can the gaming community create a more inclusive environment for women?

Taking Life As Simple As Possible.🅰

Level 7
    Ada Wong (from Resident Evil), she's always cool :D .

About Esports: first the already profesional players should be asked what are they looking for on games to really motivate them to become profesional on them, and what, on their proffesional opinion are these lacking (so devs could get their ideas).

Second, better money (sponsorships, equpment, hardware,...) prizes.

Third, better support for those that cannot afford the best hardware. For competing you need poweful hardware and "to play games" many families won't allow or cannot afford to buy the lattest or best.
    This could be done with "shared" hardware. In example: announce that you are "lending" best hardware to those woman that want to compete but do not have the best of the best; make them a skill test and then lend them the hardware for like 3 months (time enough to get used to the new hardware and improve with it to show their skills). Maybe all that can be streamed or something to get these women their own incomes to actually buy these by themselves.
    I think these ideas could make the Esports more atractive for many skillful women :) .

I doubt it but if you want i can be give more details :D ;) .
    Level 5
    As a new female gamer, I'm drawn to Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn for her strength and intelligence in a challenging world.
    To empower more women in Esports, we need increased visibility of female gamerssupportive communities for practice and skill development,(which you do legion) , better education about Esports career paths, mentorship programs connecting newcomers with experienced women in the industry, and equal opportunities in tournaments and teams. These steps could help create a more inclusive environment that encourages women to pursue Esports professionally.
    play wise
    Level 15
    My favourite female gaming character is Lara Croft.
    In my opinion, to empower more women to pursue careers in Esports, more events just for female gamers each season should be held. Right now, most esports events are male-dominated, so giving women their own spotlight could inspire more of them to consider Esports as a legit career option.
    Level 30
    @UnapologeticDino
    My favorite character could almost be either Ling Xiaoyu or Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy, because the two characters are very strong and among the most beautiful women in the gaming world! ❤️💛

Empowering women, for me, can be through creating exciting advertisements on Arab and foreign websites or even on Facebook and other social networking sites for women who love games and electronic sports and who also love the social atmosphere in the field of gaming companies and others!
    This category is the one who needs to have exciting and attractive advertisements in order to enter and apply for jobs or even in the field of Esports for gaming tournaments, leagues, etc., and I am certainly among them, thinking about the same thing! ✨❤️
    Electronic sports are considered one of the interesting and useful fields for companies in themselves to employ women to intensify and increase the accuracy and quality of work in the field of games and cooperation between the two parties and electronic sports according to the passion, skill and experience of each woman in this field because there are those who love shooting games and at the same time the type who loves fighting games such as Technique and other things, and of course we must provide the necessary environment and remove all possibilities of belittling women and provide a cooperative environment between females and males and positive constructive communication that always encourages cooperation and increases the pleasure of playing in an atmosphere full of work and activity without slack, so that mental activity does not decrease during play or helps in transferring experiences to the party. The second!
    Esports will also be based on online games and remote communication between female and male players from Arabs, foreigners, and others from around the world to compete, exchange experiences, spread an atmosphere of fun, and demonstrate the scales of strength levels from beginner to professional in any type of different game categories that women and youth prefer! 💜
    For my part, I need to finish my first studies at the university so that I can complete my full time, and then we will see this field, In sha Allah! 🌸

- - - Updated - - -

@UnapologeticDino My question remains for Omaima: What do you think about the field of Esports?!

- - - Updated - - -

What type of game do you recommend to women that would attract women to the field of electronic sports such as Esports?!

- - - Updated - - -

What are your favorite features in the laptop, what is the best feature in it for you, and what game have you been playing since you were young until now?!

What do you do to become a professional in the field of strategic games, for example, such as Valorant and other shooting games?
    Sometimes not holding on to something protects you from the harm of holding on to it !
    Level 23
    Let me add a bit of good news to this already jolly thread 😄

While researching on the topic of esports, I came across articles stating that people can now apply for "gaming visas" in Dubai. It's part of a wider plan to grow the gaming sector immensely in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia too have taken great strides in this industry. In the ongoing eSports World Cup (EWC) in KSA, there are tournaments which are exclusive to women.

So yeah, if you're a women in the Middle East, now is a great time to polish your gaming skills so that you're prepared to be a part of a flourishing gaming scene in the very near future 😁
    Level 32
    My favorite female gaming character is Ellie from "The Last of Us." She has a strong and complex character, playing as Ellie made the game more enjoyable and offered an emotional connection to her journey and struggles.

To empower more women to consider Esports as a career choice, I believe it's crucial to spotlight more female Esport members. Hosting meet-and-greet events/streams and Q&A sessions can provide opportunities for aspiring gamers to interact with professionals. This can help bridge the information gap and inspire more women to pursue careers in Esports by showing them the possibilities and paths available in the industry.

Lastly, my question for Marshmella: What inspired you to pursue a career in Esports?