The Borderlands movie is bad...people say.

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch The one snake you really need to be afraid of is the Black Mamba. When the Black Maba decides to chase you there's nowhere to hide. They are fast and can manoeuvre very well.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Do they actually chase people unprovoked? I hoped that, outside those crazy mating/offspring-watching seasons, snakes would rather flee than give chase to something larger than them?
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH, @DracoTarot and @Loras, on the movie front, this just in about Borderlands:

Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch All I can say is UGGGGGHHH!!!

- - - Updated - - -

@DoctorEldritch They do not flee and stand their ground. That's why they are so dangerous. In some cases, people were in their living rooms watching TV and the snake would sail in and attack people without them proving it.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot UGGGGGHHH!!! indeed. I wonder why it is so hard for the games to get decent movie adaptations, you can literally count on one hand the times when it was done well enough, and even then it is more often animated shows (like Arcane or Cuphead Show). But games like Hitman or Mortal Kombat or, indeed, Borderlands got the short straw...

That sounds very dangerous, I do not think I'd be able to live in an environment like that: if not the snakes, then stress and anxiety would do me in soon enough 😨
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Nothing to do with Borderlands, but I read that Linkin Park is making a comeback 7 years after the death of Chester Bennington with Emily Armstrong as the new lead singer and Colin Brittain on drums:

What do you think of that?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I think it's hard to produce movies and series based on games and they also rush into things. In the end, it's all about the dollars. Some directors may carry the idea if the games are so successful and caught after there is no way the movie or series would fail. They forget there are some hard critics out there.

Yeah, it would help if you were cautious wherever you go or find yourself here in SA. Both Homo Sapiens and Metazoa are an immediate threat. 😆

- - - Updated - - -

@DoctorEldritch Honest opinion, Linkin Park will never be the same or as popular without Chester. Unfortunately, he was one of a kind. Emily Amstrong's vocals aren't bad, but she mostly shouts instead of singing.

I'll keep listening to the old Linkin Park until Mike Shinoda decides to write new songs meant for the new vocalist.

The only way they will stay popular is to focus on becoming a new-age band.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I think it may be the format thing: seems to me that game adaptations that are animated generally do better than live-action ones, with the possible exception of Fallout or, arguably, Last of Us (debatable). The animated format allows for more flexibility and special effects that games are known for. But that's just my opinion.

Besides, recent Rick and Morty anime is nothing to write home about, so this rule of thumb does not always work either.

I want to say no band remains the same if any of its members change. The thing about Linkin Park is that their music was featured in some video games and was well received in that format. Some are hoping that it will be featured in one of the upcoming GTA 6 radio stations. Maybe if they focus on that aspect of their music, they will keep that legacy alive.