The Borderlands movie is bad...people say.

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

Tomorrow the Borderlands movie is going to be released (08/08/2024), but so far the critic's reactions to it are mostly unfavourable. So much so that they call it "uninspired", "unfunny", and "a disaster" (not my words, I took it from here). For those of you not in the loop, here is the last trailer:

I never had great expectations about this movie, but if critics are to be believed then it may be worse than that. Bit of a shame, but critics are not a great indicator these days, I will wait till IMDb compiles its score. Still, not a good sign. @ZaidH I guess Yakuza is not the only game adaptation that may have issues 😅

Though I am not to bothered, I never planned on watching it. Do we have anyone who did?
  • 2 Replies

Level 23
    Oh boyyy 😅

I've only played Tales from the Borderlands, so I'm in no position to say much, but good god this looks very generic.
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH The word that first came to my mind is old. As in, all characters seem to be older than they were in the game. Which here is a bit of a downer because, in the game, since they are young, you can get behind the foolish ambition and bad choices and general lack of seriousness. "We're going to live forever" vibe.

But here, it's like a group of retiree has-bins all hit a midlife crisis and decided to get the band back together and go on a road trip. A bit cringy even.