And finally, Disney's other plans!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @Saka Oh my, I did not know she was so young, then I guess cameras could indeed make her uncomfortable. I wonder how she would feel about them this time around now that she is more experienced and older.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch She has since played in a few films and series, so probably a very different story now.

When looking at the pics from the premiere of Moana you can see physical resemblance to the character:

Name:  cravalho.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  38.2 KB

I stumbled upon an article about why she would not be playing in the live action remake, she mainly pointed out the age, but between the lines the ancestry is mentioned as well. It was following an outrage about the casting of Nani for Lilo&Stitch remake (the chosen actor has much lighter skin than the animation character and is lacking the racial features due to mixed descent).

She goes on to explain that she wishes for a better representation of Moana’s character and will step aside to let someone new take on the role: “I believe it is absolutely vital that casting accurately represents the characters and stories we want to tell.
    “I am truly honoured to pass this baton to the next young woman of Pacific Island descent to honor our incredible Pacific peoples, cultures, and communities that helped inspire her story, and I look forward to all the beautiful Pacific representation to come.”
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate