A few animation news!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

A bit of news for our animation connoisseurs. @Saka, @GoLLuM13, @ramax and @AmrAli1, that means you, among others!

The first news comes from the Netherlands, they are working on an animated version of the legendary tale of Karel & Elegast, it will be called The King & The Thief:

That's something that completely flew under my radar until now, but looks promising to me.

Other than that, and @AmrAli1 this may be something that would interest you, Netflix is working on a One Piece remake. No teaser yet, but we have some stills:

Name:  a05c468d-696c-41dd-b2e2-52835f34b2f6-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  99.5 KB

The new version will retell the adventures of Luffy and his crew with a different style and angle. Netflix seems to like the One Piece franchise, seeing as how it is working on both animated and life versions of it now.

And more than that, it will be directed by Masashi Koizuka from Attack on Titan and Taku Kishimoto will be the screenwriter, so the result should be impressive. Here is a long 20-minute presentation for those who want to dive deep:

And finally, rumour has it that AmazonPrime Video may partner with Tim Miller and his studio Blur Studios to create another adult anthology series. You may know that Blur Studios already has an anthology series behind its belt, it's Love, Death & Robots, which is now extended for its fourth season. So they know the drill.

But the most interesting piece of rumour is that the new anthology will be called Secret Level and be based on popular game universes, each episode of the anthology will be set in the world of some game. Rumour has it New World and Spelunky may be part of the plan, among other IPs.

Amazon is yet to give an official statement, but the project may be announced during the upcoming gamescom 2024.
  • 10 Replies

Level 43
    i would follow it if they did it perfectly , but i don't trust netflix idk why 😂😂😂😂
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch The trailer looks promising. I don't know the tale though. 😁

I would be interested in the One Piece remake too, but Netflix... Maybe one day I will resub for a month and binge watch when the pile of stuff I wanted to see grows large enough.
    Unamused Snarktooth. Advocate for hearing loss & accessibility. Person, friend and a terrible/terrific* artist.
    *delete as appropriate
    I liked the One Piece series with real actors. It gives another dimension to naration.
    Community Manager
    @AmrAli1 I do not trust Netflix because they keep cancelling some series that I think should not be cancelled. But for you, maybe it's because they failed with Cowboy Beebop?
    Community Manager
    @Saka It is a Middle Dutch tale, I do not know it either. But hey, we will not have spoilers then, eh? 😉

Just as well, One Piece is so long, it will take a while for Netflix to work up the episodes unless they cut out a lot. So you may as well wait until there is more to see. But then, you may need to binge a lot when you finally get Netflix 😅
    Community Manager
    @ramax It does give dimension, I agree, but then, One Piece has so many special effects with those paranormal abilities that characters have, it is long and extensive to make live. Anime is much cheaper and faster in that regard. But Netflix did a decent job with the first season so far.
    Level 52
    Let's go for one more 1000+ episodes of One Piece 😜 (just kidding)
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    Let's go for one more 1000+ episodes of One Piece 😜 (just kidding)

That's what they said about Days of Our Lives. Well, who is laughing now, eh?

Who knows @GoLLuM13, some Netflix exec may read this and miss the punchline 😉
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I really like One Piece including the live action, but I don't feel like doing the whole story again, except if it's a shortened version that goes straight to the point
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<