Since a friend asked, thought i might add it.
User Guide (lenovo.com)
It apparently has an M.2 (2242) PCIe Gen4 SSD.

In Europe, opening a device properly should not void the warranty, but misuse in the process will not fall under the warranty, as will damage caused by third-party components.
As a detail in consoles and mobile phones, the seal helps to know that it has not been manipulated, avoiding in-depth investigations in this regard, but if it has been opened they will look more closely in case the user has done something inappropriate.

Services not covered by warranty.
Non-covered services
• Replacement or use of parts not manufactured by or for Lenovo or parts that are not under warranty • Identification of sources of software problems
• UEFI/BIOS configuration as part of an installation or update
• Changes, modifications or updates to device drivers
• Installation and maintenance of network operating systems (NOS)
• Installation and maintenance of programs
Show More

Even so, a more specific "Safety and Warranty Guide" should come with the product.
Lenovo System Update - Update drivers, BIOS and applications - Lenovo Support US

Even Lenovo provides a complete maintenance manual for the device as it is currently requested in Europe to prevent devices from being thrown away. Big point for Lenovo on this one =D.

Hardware Maintenance Manual (lenovo.com) (page 28 to save you the search =D).

In my opinion, and unless the papers say otherwise, you can change the SSD as long as you are capable of disassembling it. If you need to use the warranty, you should recommend putting the original SSD back in to avoid problems.

Although, if it has 512Gb... do you really see it necessary to add more for daily use in a portable way? For desktop use, multimedia, documents or very heavy games, a good external SSD 3.0 could easily supply this connected to a dock, And in case you need more space during portability, a microSD could come in handy as it is easily replaceable :).

Surely I would install in internal memory those programs that require advanced modifications in different parts of the system (for example, that have mods, advanced protection systems, services, etc.) leaving for replaceable external media those that are not linked to a third-party service or program that It is always monitoring (and I am not referring to game launchers like Steam, Xbox, etc.).