1️⃣0️⃣7️⃣ Nintendo Switch?

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello, Legioners! This is our fourth Legion Fridays of August!🎮

Nintendo Switch?

Help me decide whether or not to buy a Nintendo Switch by HONESTLY answering these questions:

1. What do you love or dislike about it?
    2. Any standout games or features?
    3. Is there something that’s keeping you from enjoying it?

Let’s get an open and honest discussion going, no holding back! I’m really interested in hearing everyone’s take.

We will select 10 random winners every month. The more activities you participate in, the higher your chance of winning!

July Schedule/Awards:

• Friday 2nd August
    • Friday 9th August
    • Friday 16th August
    • Friday 23rd August
    • Friday 30th August

Awards:

Accessories:

• Legion H300 Stereo Gaming Headset
    • Lenovo Legion M300s RGB Gaming Mouse (Black)
    • Lenovo Legion M600 Wireless Gaming Mouse
    • Legion Gaming Control Mouse Pad L - Stingray
    • Legion Gaming Control Mouse Pad L

Merch:

• BACKPACK BLACK
    • DRUMS BLACK
    • KEYCHAINS OPENER BLACK

• 7 Replies

Level 52
    @UnapologeticDino

In my personal opinion
    The device is expensive compared to what it offers
    You can find better than it, especially with the development of devices such as Steam Deck, Legion Go and others.
    The device is known for a number of games like Mario, but it won't give you experiences for big games like GTA and others.
    What keeps me from owning it is its price.
    We are the new LEGENDS. This is New Age
    Level 25
    My opinion about the Nintendo Switch:
    1- The variety of games available on the Nintendo Switch is fantastic. It offers a diverse range of games, from action to adventure, and even family-friendly games. Titles like The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Odyssey are considered some of the best. Another great feature is its portability; you can use it as a handheld device or connect it to a TV for a larger screen experience. However, I dislike the battery life, especially if you plan to play for long periods. The battery can be limited, and you might need to recharge it frequently.
    2- The Switch has exclusive games that you won't find on other consoles, such as the Animal Crossing series.
    3- The system is not as powerful or advanced as some other consoles. You might find it challenging to access certain features or games, and the games themselves can be a bit pricier compared to other devices.
    🧚‍♀️All that glitters🌠is not gold
    Level 15
    @UnapologeticDino

*What do you love or dislike about it?

what I love about it

1. Portability and Versatility: The ability to switch between handheld and docked mode is fantastic. You can play on your TV or take it on the go.

2. Exclusive Games: Titles like *The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*, *Super Mario Odyssey*, and *Animal Crossing: New Horizons* are incredible and only available on the Switch.

What I dislike about it

1. Hardware Limitations: The graphics and performance are weaker compared to other consoles like the PS5 or Xbox Series X. Some games struggle to maintain stable frame rates.

2. Online Services: Nintendo’s online service isn’t as robust as competitors. The voice chat system is awkward, requiring a smartphone app.

*Any standout games or features?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Often regarded as one of the best games ever made, with an expansive open world.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: The ultimate fighting game with characters from various franchises.

Hybrid Design: Switch seamlessly between handheld and docked mode to play on the go or on your TV.

*Is there something that’s keeping you from enjoying it?

Performance Issues: If you’re used to high end gaming, the Switch’s performance might feel underwhelming.

Online Multiplayer: If you’re into competitive online gaming, the Switch’s online ecosystem might disappoint.

If you value portability, unique exclusives, and family friendly gaming, the Switch is a great choice. However, if you prioritize cutting edge graphics and robust online multiplayer, you might find it lacking.

Name:  nintendo-switch-2019-1624273716.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  39.9 KB
    Level 23
    @UnapologeticDino

1. Apart from the games and the portability, I like how the Switch made me enjoy games without overthinking about getting all the achievements/trophies 😅 I also love how the ancient hardware in the Switch force the developers to squeeze out max creativity from the system.

2. The console is worth buying for just the two Zelda games alone. The HD rumble in the joy cons is another thing that I really enjoy. For games that implement it well (like Hollow Knight), it genuinely adds a lot to the enjoyment.

3. The dreaded joy con drift 😭 I keep my electronics in pristine condition, but even then my left joy con developed the drift. Tbf I've had the Switch for like 5 years now, but still it was annoying to get the controller fixed 🫠

All that said, the Switch 2 will probably be announced soon, so you might wanna wait for that 😅
    Level 26
    1- In My opinion if we talk about design and performance, it is excellent. Not only is it easy to carry, move around, and travel with it easily, it also contains an Nvidia Tegra processor.It also has an HDMI port, which means it can be connected to the screen.
    2 - The device contains a huge library of games such as The Legend of Zelda, Minecraft, Mario, and many other games, with its exclusives and multiplayer mode.
    3 - What prevents me from owning a Nintendo Switch is its price, and I can find something better than it with more features.
    In addition, you will not be able to play online games on the Nintendo Switch without a monthly subscription in order to play multiplayer games.
    Walk alone on the path unknown
    Level 16
    @UnapologeticDino HI DINO!

Such a cool thing to do.

So I'll answer each of these for ye, since I have the Switch Lite since 2019.

1. What do you love or dislike about it?

Basically I wanted something to take with me when I travel. Without having to rely on my laptop to game. So back then I'd fly at least once every two weeks to some place somewhere. What I love about it is the size. A lot of modern handhelds are small, but even with the case, the switch fits into my backpack. I just chuck it in, along with a few games in the case, and go about my day. I've had friends that travel with things like the Deck and it usually has its own carrying case, or even takes a significant portion of their backpack.

2. Any standout games or features?

Okay, so for features, the Switch, wether the lite or normal, is very low on features tbh. Which is kinda also what I think is good. It plays Nintendo games. So if you like Nintendo games you like the switch. As for games though, I now have 5 pokemon games on it, they're not all brilliant, they're lotsa fun tho. I also have Zelda on it, and a few other downloaded games. Combined it's a pretty great way to turn off my head and just lose three to five hours of dead time. I do also actually love the games themselves. Poke Sword is genuinely so much fun that I may replay it soon for the heck of it.

3. Is there something that’s keeping you from enjoying it?

What a loaded question, but honestly, it's the same thing that makes it so great. It lacks a lot of features. It only plays Nintendo games, or Nintendo shop games. Which means the moment you have something else to game on you're most likely going to be playing on that. Like at home the Switch is only pulled out during power outages. The rest of the time I have it in its case to wait. Because I play on the PC, Laptop (HECK LEGION), or even the Xbox. So while I would love nothing more than to finish Poke Arceus then Violet, if I have electricity I am most likely going to be actively doing something else in the house. Like PC gaming, watching a movie...hell reading a book in front of the TV.
    Level 29
    Honestly, in my opinion, it's an expensive device that doesn't offer much. There are now much better devices available that provide the latest and most up-to-date games, such as the Legion Go.