1️⃣0️⃣9️⃣ Terrifying Artificial Intelligence🤖

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello, Legioners! This is our First Legion Fridays of September!🎮

Artificial Intelligence

AI is fascinating, but what's the one aspect of it that truly terrifies you? 🤖 Share your thoughts!

We will select 10 random winners every month. The more activities you participate in, the higher your chance of winning!

September Schedule/Awards:

Friday 6nd August✅
    Friday 13th August
    Friday 20th August
    Friday 27rd August

Awards:

Accessories:

Lenovo Legion KM300 RGB Gaming Combo Keyboard and Mouse - US English
    Lenovo Legion E510 7.1 In-Ear Headphones
    Lenovo Legion H600 Wireless Gaming Headset
    Lenovo Legion M300s RGB Gaming Mouse (Glacier White)
    Lenovo Legion M600s Qi Wireless Gaming Mouse

Merch:

BACKPACK BLACK
    DRUMS BLACK
    KEYCHAINS OPENER BLACK
    METAL CUPS BLACK
  • 16 Replies

Level 27
    it can be used for malicious purposes, such as hacking and cyberattacks. For example, AI steal our personal information, infect our devices with malware, and even access our accounts and files.
    Level 25
    Artificial intelligence is often described as being akin to nuclear war due to its significant dangers. One of my major concerns is that it could lead to mass unemployment there's a consensus that AI will pose a threat to certain jobs.
    Additionally, the idea of AI going out of control is terrifying imagine if AI were to gain consciousness and countries used it for military competition leading to a comprehensive AI driven war that could potentially wipe us all out. 😅
    There's also the issue of bias if AI is used in making societal decisions, it could be biased and dangerous!!!
    🧚‍♀️All that glitters🌠is not gold
    Level 23
    As someone trying to break into Web Development, it’s kinda scary to see how good AI is getting at writing code. It's not perfect yet, but it’s definitely getting there 🫠

Y’all, start saving up now so we can buy a huge, self-sufficient Legion farm before our AI overlords take over us 😨
    Level 16
    @UnapologeticDino

One of the most concerning aspects of AI is the potential for misuse or unintended consequences, especially when it comes to decision making in critical areas like healthcare, law enforcement, and finance. If not carefully managed, biased or poorly designed AI systems could make decisions that harm individuals or reinforce existing inequalities on a massive scale. The rapid pace of AI development often outstrips people's ability to regulate or fully understand these systems, which could lead to scenarios where AI acts in ways that are unpredictable or even dangerous.

Name:  artificial-intelligenc-ai-dangers.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  85.4 KB
    Level 29
    He will replace us as programmers🥲 Nowadays, artificial intelligence is capable of handling complete projects, and many companies have laid off a lot of employees and replaced them with AI.🙃
    Level 43
    Fear of using ai to fake my voice and appearance may cause disasters like the Deep Fake
    Level 17
    It is never the actual AI that scares or frightens me. I enjoy using it, it is a strong tool to gather information to do fact-checking, especially as a writer.

What I fear is something that has already happened to me. People don't understand AI isn't AI, it is just a pattern recognition and repetition algorithm. Abusers see it as a way to replace creativity when it can barely even mimic it, instead of using the tool to boost the creativity of the world, people want to replace those who are creative.

I've been without a job for 2 years now because as a writer the first thing that went was me, I'm no Tolkien, so my writing was easy to "replicate". The machine didn't do this, someone who had no understanding of it did that, they chose not to work with me anymore because "AI can do it". It is only recently that the general understanding of what AI can and cannot do has improved.

AI helps me write, but it will never be able to do what I do, it can read 10-thousand websites in a second, but it has no idea if they are accurate or even trusted sources.

So yeah, that is what I fear. People using AI to abuse and mistreat us, instead of understanding that AI is nothing but a tool. And any tool wielded by those who do not understand it is dangerous.
    Level 30
    - The risk is that it can be used to harm others through fake images and it can be used by gangs and groups and if it develops to the point where it has free will, it can turn against all of humanity like the movie Iron Man: Age of Ultron! It was a really problematic movie 😅
    - And let's see what artificial intelligence can do if it develops greatly to an imaginary degree and if it falls into the wrong hands or if it is misused unintentionally! It can also be used in hacking via the web or falsifying digital evidence in media and images and it can easily replace Photoshop due to the extraordinary development during this period and it is actually currently being misused in a bad and harmful way to societies!
    Sometimes not holding on to something protects you from the harm of holding on to it !
    Level 45
    The idea that AI could evolve beyond human understanding and control is terrifying.