Games that teach you history

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion gamers!

This week, @JokerZida and I are talking about Total War: EMPIRE and possible educational aspects of it. This made me think: games are by definition a works of fiction, but some may be more historically accurate than others.

For example, the abovementioned Total War: EMPIRE, while not relaying specific historical episodes 100% accurately, may nonetheless be a good illustration of how history works as a concept: the role of armed conflicts, intelligence and diplomacy in shaping historical events. From that angle, it can teach about history, even if not really about specific parts of it.

On the other hand, there are RPG games that attempt to dive deep into a specific period in history. Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the sequel of which many of us are waiting for, was praised for its historic accuracy and research of the period it is set in:

Or there are less visually realistic games with simpler art styles that nonetheless convey the feeling and teach about certain parts of human history or even specific episodes. Like Valiant Hearts: The Great War:

But those are the games I could remember. Does anyone know anymore? History buffs, now is your chance to shine! 😉
  • 2 Replies

Level 52
    👌👍👍👍
    We are the new LEGENDS. This is New Age