How many games from Eurogamer's list have you played?

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH I hope there won't be what happened before with devs seeing the emulator company and shutting it down, that would be a shame...

Ah, yes, the boat. I remember there was a bug that allowed Diver to pack it up with his comrades still inside and thus carry them in your "boat backpack". They fixed that later, but it was a funny bug.

I am not too familiar with podcasts in general, I'm afraid. Do you have a link for that?
    Community Manager
    @Kubert Impressive list indeed, and quite different from mine, too! What about the games on the list that you have not played yet but want to try, see anything like that?
    Level 23
    @DoctorEldritch oh man, that would suck big time! The emulator, though, seems to be an open-source project, so I guess they'll be fine. Just hope they don't go down the same route of some of the Nintendo Switch emulators that got sued and taken down recently.

Lmao, I'd love to see that bug in action 😂

I haven't listened to the podcast myself, but it's kinda intriguing because some of the most prolific ex-Rockstar Games figures wrote for this podcast. Also, the podcast will probably be connected to their upcoming game in some way.

https://www.absurdventures.com/abetterparadise
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH I am hoping it will be fine: my guess is Nintendo wanted to avoid the latest Zelda emulated so as not to lose on sales, which is fair. But Bloodborne is 10 years old, so it is unlikely emulating it at this point will affect sales considerably, if at all. Then again, you never know.

I remember trying to reproduce it in remaster and failing, so not sure if you can anymore. You may need to shut down one of those old CDs. Quite a quest for a simple bug.

Thank you for the link, I will give it a listen. Though I find podcasts a bit hard to focus on, I am more of a visual learner, and it is difficult for me to remain focused on purely audio files for a long time with no visual stimuli. But I'll give it my best shot.

And if not, I have a solution, too: I download podcasts and use mods to add them as custom audio fils into games that allow it. Like radio in Fallout. Then I listen to them as I play the game and I find that I can follow them better this way.
    Level 3
    Quite a few. Will have to go through the list properly and maybe try a few more...
    Level 23
    @DoctorEldritch That's a very good point! Also, Bloodborne had this 'demastered' PS1-era style game for PC, and I think FromSoftware didn't take it down.

Oh, that's a shame. This was not a bug, but a feature 😆

Same here, lols. Same reason I can't get into audiobooks. Also, that mod idea is genius! It would be such a godsend while trying to 100% a game.

Also, a likely contender for Eurogamer's list has just been revealed! Like a Dragon: Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii (what a name 😂). I haven't been this excited for a Yakuza game in a while. Have you seen the trailer?
    Community Manager
    Quite a few. Will have to go through the list properly and maybe try a few more...

The list is subjective, you do not need to try games just because they are on it. That being said, there really are some good games on there too. 😉
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH I have not heard about that. But since proper emulated hi-def is coming along, I don't think it is worth it to try and dig out the "demastered" version. But it is good to have a backup plan in case the emulator does get shut down.

That bug reminded me of Mary Poppins bag from the original movie:

"Hello, my name is the Diver. This is my bag. That's where I keep my boat, my diving equipment, my lucky harpoon. And my Sniper and my Spy, of course." Something like that.

Indeed, and one of the perks is that when you play some game with a podcast in it, and your friends ask you what you are doing, then instead of replying "I'm playing", you can now reply "I am multitasking!" 😉

I have! To be honest, I was a bit baffled by it, in a good way, such a bizarre mashup of settings, it being sort of old and sort of modern, but the Yakuza series always managed to combine settings well, and Goro Majima is long overdue a single. Looks like it is going to be fun! I only hope Kiryu makes it in as some cameo there.
    Level 23
    @DoctorEldritch Bloodborne psx is a homage to the PS1 era games. I think it was built from the ground up and ends around the first or second boss found in Bloodborne. So yeah while this is a fun game, you'll wanna play the emulated Bloodborne 😄

😂😂😂
    Seems like the GTA protagonists all wear jeans produced by Mary Poppins' bag manufacturer

Lmao if only I could go back in time and use this lifehack of yours.

"No ma, GTA isn't all about violence! I learned how bridges were made while playing this game."

Ikr! It just oozes fun. My only wish is that it's a fairly standalone experience so that I won't have to play Y5-Infinite Wealth 😅