How many games from Eurogamer's list have you played?

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion gamers!

Here is a bit of trivia: last week, Eurogamer celebrated its 25th birthday. While Game Informer, sadly, closed down shop, Eurogamer seems to be doing well.

To mark the occasion, they presented a list of the "100 best video games to play right now". According to them. And using "1: must be legitimately obtainable on current-generation hardware and 2: have to currently be brilliant" as deciding criteria. This was what they came up with:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot2024-09-12133312.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	33085

Here is a proper link to the list with a better zoom 😅

This made me want to compare how many games from this list I have played and how many are on my list. Here is the result:

Have played:
    14: Citizen Sleeper
    26: Sea of Thieves
    29: Hollow Knight
    31: FTL: Faster Than Light
    34: Hades
    35: Stardew Valley
    45: Fortnite (Game Nights!)
    51: Batman: Arkham Collection
    57: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    62: Inscryption
    64: Invisible Inc.
    65: Titanfall 2 (worked on localizing that one)
    67: Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
    71: Into the Breach
    75: Psychonauts 2
    76: Dishonored 2
    77: Portal 2
    81: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    90: Yakuza 0
    94: Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
    96: The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe

Currently playing: Cyberpunk 2077

On my list to play:
    3: Outer Wilds
    6: Baldur's Gate 3
    8: Elden Ring
    32: Returnal
    48: The Sims 4
    54: Disco Elysium
    58: Hitman 3
    97: Alan Wake 2

21-22%, with potentially rising to 30%. So about fith is done now. Probably not too bad, wonder how everyone else is doing. @GoLLuM13, you like nomination lists, how about this one? And @ZaidH, good to see Yakuza made it out there, but I want to say there were better parts than 0...

So many games from Eurogamer's list have you played?
  • 2 Replies

Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch I know this kind of list is subjective but how can they mention HSR and not Genshin Impact? And not a single mention to God of War, Ori, A plague tale or Sonic 3 & Knuckles? 👀
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 It is rather odd in that regard, I have my own set of qualms with it, like not a single Lucasfilm Games title? Grim Fandango, come on...

So yeah, not fully on board with choices there, but it could still be interesting to see how many games in their subjective list made it on my own and everyone else's as well...