Country music in games!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

It's been a while since we had a musical post. Some of you may remember that yours truly likes jazz, or that @DracoTarot and @galadrielmt enjoy Metal, but today is the 17th of September: the day of the Country Music!

Which actually may make it into the video games more often than you may think (or you may be completely on-point 😉). For example, Fallout New Vegas which I put into my Jazz selection has enough country music as well, western and all:

Of course, arguably the most famous western is RDR, so no wonder it has country music aplenty as well:

One of the best things about games is that they allow to be creative and flexible, not tied to one setting. This applies to music as well, allowing for all sorts of mashups, like Borderlands, a space western with country music which has a funky spin on it. They even went so far as to include country music singer into the game itself:

That's a step up from just music in the background. Besides, I wanted to say something nice about Borderlands after that...well...movie 😅

But this is all I got. Maybe some country music fans know some more?
  • 2 Replies

Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Not my cup of tea but like I mentioned before every music genre needs a place in the gaming industry. 😊
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot One could argue that Country and Metal may be on opposite sides of the spectrum vibe-wise, maybe that's why. But then I've also heard that there is such a genre as Country Metal. Not entirely sure what that sounds like, but I was told it's something like this:

Maybe that's more your cup of tea? 😉