Steam is having a Boomstock 2024 sale!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hello Legion Gamers!

Steam is having a sale again, this time titled Boomstock 2024. They call it "a celebration of all Boomer Shooters and kick-ass action games in general, all connected by their love for the good old days of gaming, shining through in the games’ artstyle, gameplay, or both." Check it out!

Personally, I was intrigued by the sentiment about "the good old days of gaming", but the actual discount selection is not that tempting for me:

Name:  Screenshot2024-09-17163931.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  108.7 KB

Maybe I am too old or not old enough and have a different "good old days of gaming" 😅 @GoLLuM13 or @DracoTarot or @j7schultz, what do you think about this selection?

But still, it has a few interesting this for me. You can get Shadow Warrior or Destroy All Humans at a nice bargain, or remastered Commandos ( @ZaidH you may want to take note if there are gaps in your collection 🙂) and Worms. From the new games, I am mostly interested in Wild Bastards, but mostly because I liked the previous game of that studio Void Bastards.

And @DracoTarot and @galadrielmt you could check out ELDERBORN for your pile of Metal-focused games:

I hope there may be a good discount offer for everyone. If not now, that in one of the future sales 😉
  • 8 Replies

Level 52
    Except worms and destroy all humans I don't know the others
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 Shadow Warrior was somewhat known back in the day, got a tiny bit of a renaissance when part 3 came out not that long ago. Flew under your radar?
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Shadow Warrior is super known I missed it on the list 👀 I also saw Serious Sam and Commandos, those are huge names, and let's not forget Alien Breed and BroForce even is it's not that old 😁
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 I think it might have been my fault for misleading you: I only took a photo of one page of the list, not the whole list 😅

Still, to tell the truth, none of these really vibe the "good old days of gaming" for me all that much, that would be old quest games or something like HoMM 3. Goes to show "good old days" are different for everyone 😅
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch the fault is mine, I should have gone go Steam instead of being lazy towards do so 😜
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 I like to look at my laziness as a sign that my subconsciousness is using to let me know that whatever I was about to do but turned out too lazy to do is actually not that important.

I mean, you don't be lazy about the important stuff, laziness is a luxury only less important activities can afford. Sure, for important stuff I turn to procrastination instead, but still, laziness is a sign that you are doing something you could do without.

So maybe this particular sale wasn't just that important for you 😉
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch you might be right, because I already have many of them in my collection (at least the ones I was interested in) 🤣
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Community Manager
    @GoLLuM13 Ah, so you and sale authors share what the "good old days of gaming" mean then 😉