Leak of the Nintendo Switch 2

Replies
    views
    Level 43
    New Nintendo Switch 2 Leak

Hello everyone, hope you’re all doing well today 💓💓

There’s a new leak about the Nintendo Switch 2. I remember @UnapologeticDino recently mentioned whether she should buy a Nintendo or not, and why, in this thread.
    What do you think about it? Do you think it will be able to run AAA games? Will it compete with other platforms?
    Please share your thoughts in the comments
    Leak of the Nintendo Switch 2 Specifications:

• The device will use an NVIDIA GMLX30-R-A1 SoC.
    • 12GB of LPDDR5X RAM.
    • 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage with a transfer speed of 2.1GB/s.
    • Dual cooling system with two fans.
    • HDMI 2.1 output.

Shipping details summary:

• HGU1100: Game console itself.
    • HGU1110: Left Joy-Con controller.
    • HGU1120: Right Joy-Con controller.
    • HGU1130: Dock.
    • Detailed Configuration List
    • SoCl (CPU + GPU) model: GMLX30-R-A1.
    • Memory model: MT62F768M64D4EK-026 (6GX2 dual channel, LPDDR5X, 7500 MT/s)
    • Flash memory model: THGJFGT1E45BAILHW0 (256GB, UFS 3.1, manufactured by Kaixia, 2100 MB/s).
    • Audio chip model: Ruiwu ALC5658-CG.
    • NFC reader model: NXP IPN7160B1HN
    • Built-in microphone model: CMB-MIC-X7.
    • Dual cooling fans, model BSM0405HPJH9 and BSM0505HPJQC (copper gaming heat sink).
    • Video signal conversion (DisplayPort to HDMI) must be chip model; Ruixian RTD2175N must be chip (support HDMI 2.1).
    • Network chip model: Ruiming RTL8153B-VB-CG and Gigabit Ethernet chip (the base has a network cable interface).
    • Microcontroller chip model: STMicroelectronics JSTM32G0OB0OCET6.
    • Video game console protective case model: HGU1100 (size: 206 x 115 x 14mm, made of plastic).
    • Speakers: MUSE BOX-L and MUSE BOX-R (two-channel stereo).

• 9 Replies

Level 52
    Best console is PS5 Pro and it's super cheap 🤣🤣🤣 (sarcasm)
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 27
    i still think it will not the best at AAA games.
    Level 13
    The Switch really needed an upgrade. This should allow it to play a lot more ported games.
    Level 26
    Interesting how they look just like the old ones still.
    Walk alone on the path unknown
    We live we love we lie
    Level 23
    @GoLLuM13 Oh yeah that thing's a bargain. So happy that Sony has given us a diverse choice for a stand, disc drive, and an option to pay for online gaming! So generous of them.

- - - Updated - - -
    @AmrAli1 If this leak is right, then holy moly that's a substantial upgrade! Fervently wishing that they add an OLED screen to this.

- - - Updated - - -
    @mazen18 I don't think Nintendo will ever compete to be the best place to play AAA games. They're doing what they do best, focus on stylistic games rather than going all in on shiny graphics. This will allow for a more competitive cost when compared to offerings from Sony and Microsoft.
    Level 52
    So if it's all true the "GMLX30-R-A1" should be the codename for the nVidia Tegra T239
    Tag me to be sure I see the answer and reply to you / Taguez moi pour être sûr que je vois la réponse et vous réponde en retour
    Most of my writings in no particular order (mostly in French) / La plupart de mes écrits sans ordre particulier
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 23
    @GoLLuM13 Is it right to say that the T239 has the silicon of the RTX 30 series but the capabilities of a 2050 (plus more Tensor cores for DLSS)?
    Level 52
    @ZaidH That's what rumors are saying yes, based on Ampere architecture (RTX 30) with the capabilities of a boosted RTX 2050 with DLSS, and it could have better performance compared to a PS4 👀
    >> HERE/ ICI <<

Level 23
    @GoLLuM13 A jump from tech that can now be found in low-range mobiles to the capabilities of a PS4 😯 Now that's one hell of a jump! I've also read that it will support DLSS frame generation, which should make the device even more future-proof.

Seeing how the PS5 Pro is priced, Nintendo has the ultimate opportunity to steal a good chunk of the market share.