Today is Music Day!

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Time will tell 🙂 It is tricky here, Stranger Things did so well partially because of how they recreated the vibe of the 80s, the feeling of nostalgia. Hysteria! does that too, but the setting it recreates is satanic panic, which is less of a "happy memory", as it were. We shall see. But I hope you enjoy it regardless 😉
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Stranger Things also received so much attention because of one episode when Eddie was captured by Vecna and he played Master of Puppets on his guitar.

So in a way, metal music played such a big role in the series' popularity and yeah Metallica will and always be associated as one of the Satanic Panic bands alongside Iron Maiden.

Am I Evil by Metallica was released during the panic period.

Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Yeah, but by that point Stranger Things was already big. They started with punk rock, that "Should I Stay or Should I Go" in the first episode. It is later when they moved to metal, but probably indeed as a home to the era.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Here is one more upcoming dark comedy that you may want to keep an eye out for: Sweetpea:

The lead is Fallout's (And Jinx's voice in Arcane) Ella Purnell, it just came out and so far I read that viewers praise how comedy parts are organically mixed with brutal ones. Not Mr Inbetween, but could be a fun enough watch too 😉
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Overall Stranger Things were put well together. I can't wait for the new season to air. Everyone is older now and the original cast and I hear Eddie is making a return.

- - - Updated - - -

@DoctorEldritch I've been waiting for Sweetpea for a while now to be released. Watched a few spoilers and looks good.

I can't get enough of Mr Inbetween and wish there were more episodes.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot I wonder if they make that "time jump" narration, that seems to be used these days in situations like this. We may end up in the 90s even...

Well, Eddie died in Dustin's arms, I wonder how they will work around that. Maybe Vecta could resurrect him in some form? I mean, they already played Sherlock Holmes's "Everyone thought I was dead but I wasn't really" card with Jim Hopper, there are only so many ways you can bring someone back. And it could cheapen that emotional scene between Eddie and Dustin, too...

Sometimes the best a good story can do is to end on a high note, I'd say. Wanting more is better than being overfed in my book.