Welcome to the 📖 Legion Book Club 📖

Replies
    views
    Level 23
    Hello Legionnaires!

Many of your favorite game developers, like Hideo Kojima, Shigeru Miyamoto, Sam Lake, and the Houser brothers, have cited books as a major inspiration for creating the worlds and stories we love. In my opinion, movies and books are gaming's closest companions, so it’s only fitting that we start our very own Book Club!

Name:  LegionBookClub.png
Views: 35
Size:  63.1 KB

To kick things off, let’s share our top 5 books or series to see what everyone’s into 😁

Here are mine:

1. The Stormlight Archive
    2. Project Hail Mary
    3. East of Eden
    4. The Sirens of Titan
    5. Hyperion

Looking forward to seeing your picks!
  • 4 Replies

Community Manager
    Awesomeee @ZaidH 🤩

I´m already loving the book club!! I have to say that from your recommendations, I only know Hyperion : 0
    So this is a fantastic initiative to look for new books to read (especially now that winter is coming, reading is at the top of my list of things to do indoors 💜)

Here are the books (and comic books...I´ll also include them) that I´ve been reading this year:

1. The King Kong Theory by Virgine Despentes
    2. South of the border West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami
    3. Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
    4. American Gods by Neil Gaiman (comic book adaptation)
    5. The Reddest Rose by Liv Stormsquist (also a graphic novel)

What are yours @Aaricia and @DoctorEldritch ?
    Level 23
    @CandelaSynth So glad to see someone else who's read Hyperion 😁 What did you think of it?

Yes! Many of us here share similar gaming tastes, so we might have common interests in books too. If this club takes off, maybe we could have monthly book picks to discuss 🤔

I've read American Gods. What an ambitious book! Gaiman's vivid portrayal of Lakeside still sticks with me. I just wish I knew more about the U.S. states to fully appreciate Shadow's journey 😅

If I ever get into the world of Murakami, South of the border, West of the Sun will be my first pick 👍
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH

I loved it so much, I like how addictive and immersive his writing is.
    But I didn´t know enough about the original literature piece (the Canterbury Tales, right?) to fully appreciate the literary references. However, I read Ilium and I liked it even more (but it´s cos I´m quite familiar with the Iliad!).
    South of the border, West of the Sun is one of his first books, and quite "light-hearted" compared to later ones. I truly recommend Murakami´s writing. Very good at describing feelings and situations using metaphors.
    I really like the idea of a monthly book discussion here!! Maybe something related to video games? 🤔
    I read this graphic novel recently and was pretty interesting:

Name:  gamish.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  83.4 KB
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH I'm embarrassed to say that it's been many years since I read a book 🙈 😅 I remember that in the years where I did read a lot, I loved adventure books, for example about Tarzan, and a Polish series about Tomek Wilmowski, who was a young traveller and had lots of adventures 🤩