Welcome to the 📖 Legion Book Club 📖

Replies
    views
    Level 23
    @CandelaSynth The synopsis of Star Maker sounds similar to the Three Body Problem series (no sci-fi list is complete without that masterpiece 😁), where characters mainly serve to introduce grand ideas. Is it right to assume that Star Maker is like that?

And no, I haven't seen Del Toro's take on Pinocchio 😯 Does it lean more into horror, or is it as bleak as the book?

@DoctorEldritch I'm caught in this cycle of seeing all the Discworld praise -> getting excited -> feeling confused by varying opinions on the best starting point -> giving up on reading it 😅 What would you recommend as a good starting point for Discworld?

Oh wow, so happy to see the Arab world in a fantasy setting! I’m curious about the magic system the author created 🧐

Kurt Vonnegut seems like an author perfectly suited to your tastes! His books, like Slaughterhouse-Five and The Sirens of Titan, are packed with humor and a good mix of fantasy and sci-fi. Have you read any of his works? The only Russian book I've read is The Brothers Karamazov. It had its funny moments, but I definitely felt like I missed some cultural nuances 😅.
    Last edited by ZaidH; 3 Hours Ago at 17:16.