Welcome to the 📖 Legion Book Club 📖

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    @DoctorEldritch

Probably because they´re very protective of his legacy (as it should be), so maybe there are some obscure license issues? (just speculating here). And as soon as her daughter passes...that´s it. Discworld Marvel XD
    Ps, I do agree with your statement and I´ll extend it to all of those horrible adaptations that butcher the source material XD
    Community Manager
    @CandelaSynth Who knows, Discworld is so monumental that they can afford to say no to things until they are sure that whatever project is proposed is good enough, especially after they were burned with The Watch. I am in favour of not getting anything as opposed to getting something mediocre.

Level 23
    @DoctorEldritch Hmm, I'm surprised the page count for these books isn't too high. Gives me hope that I'll be able to reach Reaper Man soon🤞

Yep, Stormlight Archive is fantasy! A great one at that. Like Warhammer, it has Henry Cavill's seal of approval😄

We read Crime and Punishment, The Lower Depths, Dead Souls, and others.
    Better to expose kids to the realities of life early in life eh😅 I personally would've loved to be part of that education system no jk.

Acheron Hades, Third Most Wanted Man in the World, steals the original manuscript of Martin Chuzzlewit and kills a minor character, who then disappears from every volume of the novel ever printed!
    Okay, now you’ve got my attention!

I have the good ol' Kindle Paperwhite. No Kindle Unlimited subscription, though 😅
    @CandelaSynth Sold! I'll give this a shot after finishing The Colour of Magic. It sounds like Del Toro showed some restraint in his work then😅 In the OG Pinocchio, he murders Jiminy Cricket and gets hanged at the end 💀 If you're into creepy stuff, check out Peter Pan's unhinged behavior in the books😵
    Community Manager
    @ZaidH The books have a lot going on in them, but they are not that long a piece, true. Pratchett was a master of saying a lot by saying little, so I want to say it is a sign of mastery rather than a lack of content.

Too bad Stormlight Archive is still largely unfinished as a series. Seems to be a bit of a wait for it to wrap up...

Oh yeah, we got our shot of reality quite early. It was a decent system, but there are only so many lessons in a year, so we had to pay for that by being under-exposed to Western literature, we mostly covered the basics. And no Eastern literature at all, that is something I am sad about.

Thursday Next is a good example of lore and worldbuilding, I enjoy these books a lot. The style and vibe may not be for everyone, but give it a try, if you like them, then this is a gem of a series.

Ah, I see. I asked because I found a translation of a decent Russian series that is free on Kindle Unlimited. But with Paperwhite you may want to hold off, I am not sure how good the translation is, only that it exists.