When it comes to horror, do you like watching or playing?

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch Rockstar would be a good choice and I'm sure they will be successful. May tackle them a few years before releasing the game if it ever happens.

A Lovecraftian atmosphere would be the ultimate choice. Any game with a Gothic aurora and feel to it won't pass me by. I agree with you. Outsirght horror "KILLS" the vibe. 😂

I'm done waiting and seriously need to watch Beetlejuice. Tomorrow will be the day or night depending on my mood.

I will tell you how Mr Invetween ends without spoilers, I promise. Currently, I'm on episode 5 and season 3 ends on episode 9. I think it's going to be a cliffhanger.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot Maybe, they are usually slow but thorough. And the chances of that happening are slim anyway.

Well, one may argue that Lovecraft is not horror as such, more of a mystical thriller kind of vibe. In that sense, maybe it is not entirely accurate to compare it to things that are more "pure" horror...

I watched it last week before the weekend. Did you manage to by now?

Ah, so only a few episodes left. From what I've been reading it seems that they finished it properly, but it is still unclear.
    Level 52
    @DoctorEldritch, I can confirm that Mr Inbetween had a good ending and the last episode was done properly. I hope they will decide to release a season 4. Mr Inbetween was a decent series and needs more recognition. It's worth the watch.

Yeah, Lovecraft is more like fantasy fiction or weird fiction. Depending on how you perceive it, some of Lovecraft's work does lean a little towards Horror.

Well, he is also considered one of America's most important Gothic writers.

Pure Horror is definitely on a different scale.
    Community Manager
    @DracoTarot But if the ending was good and they wrapped up all character and story arcs, then there may not be a need for season 4?

The essence of horror changes over time, too: what was scary back then may be less so now. Maybe Lovecraft was a horror when he wrote, but now those stories are redefined according to modern classification?

Did you manage to watch Beetlejuice 2 in the end?