Lenovo Legion Y540 - i7-9750H | Undervolting Help

Replies
    views
    Level 1
    I own a Lenovo Legion Y540:

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Recently I bought an Oculus Quest 2 and I've been playing Half Life: Alyx. Everything runs okay, but after a while, it gets pretty hot and the game starts stuttering. I have the laptop elevated so it gets proper ventilation and it has thermal paste as well.
    I've been looking to undervolt it to see if that might help. Unfortunately, all the videos I've found are pretty outdated. Is there someone here that has undervolt it successfully recently and can help?
  • 2 Replies

Level 1
    I own a Lenovo Legion Y540:

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Recently I bought an Oculus Quest 2 and I've been playing Half Life: Alyx. Everything runs okay, but after a while, it gets pretty hot and the game starts stuttering. I have the laptop elevated so it gets proper ventilation and it has thermal paste as well.
    I've been looking to undervolt it to see if that might help. Unfortunately, all the videos I've found are pretty outdated. Is there someone here that has undervolt it successfully recently and can help?
    issue got solved!!
    Last edited by BarateGites; 18-06-21 at 06:30.
    Level 1
    @BarateGites I have the exact same problem. How did you solve it!?