Some questions on the Legion 7i

Replies
    views
    Level 1
    How are your laptop thermals on productivity? I'm getting around 40+ °C on my CPU while only basic things like browsing websites on Balanced mode, while I'm getting up to 60+ °C when I start watching videos with it and 70-80+ when gaming.
    Should 40 °C + be normal for gaming laptops on productivity? I just switched from a MacBook Pro, so I have no idea what to expect from gaming laptops, but my MacBook was always around room temperature and only at most rose a little higher when I have too many tabs open.
    Also, the option to switch to integrated graphics seems to have disappeared from the Nvidia control panel? I remember being able to switch between my RTX graphics card and integrated graphics in the first few days I had the laptop, but now, the option is missing, and when I check my settings in windows, it lists the RTX card as both the power saving option and the high-performance option.
  • 2 Replies

Level 1

How are your laptop thermals on productivity? I'm getting around 40+ °C on my CPU while only basic things like browsing websites on Balanced mode, while I'm getting up to 60+ °C when I start watching videos with it and 70-80+ when gaming.
    Should 40 °C + be normal for gaming laptops on productivity? I just switched from a
    Tweakbox MacBook Pro, so I have no idea what to expect from gaming laptops, but my MacBook was always around room temperature and only at most rose a little higher when I have too many tabs open.
    Also, the option to switch to integrated graphics seems to have disappeared from the Nvidia control p
    Appvalley anel? I remember being able to switch between my RTX graphics card and integrated graphics in the first few days I had the laptop, but now, the option is missing, and when I check my settings in windows, it lists the RTX card as both the power saving option and the high-performance option.

issue got solved!!
    Head of Community
    @MichelKesin Great you managed to get it resolved! Thanks for coming back to let us know. Would you share how you got it fixed? In case anyone else is looking for similar information, they might benefit from your solution. 😊