Sonic Mania & Horizon Chase Turbo FREE on Epic Games Store (25 June-1 July 2021)

• No Tags
View Tag Cloud

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Manager
    Hey guys,

HAPPY FRIDAY ☀

As some of you might know, Epic Games Store offer 1 or 2 games for free each week through-out the year. 😎
    This week's free games are.... 🥁

1. SONIC MANIA
    The ultimate celebration of past and future. An all-new adventure full of unique bosses, rolling 2D landscapes, and fun classic gameplay. Sonic Mania brings retro fast-paced platforming into the future through pixel perfect 2D graphics running at 60FPS.

Release date: Aug 7, 2018
    Developer: Lab42
    Publisher: SEGA
    Platform: PC

2. HORIZON CHASE TURBO
    Horizon Chase Turbo is a racing game inspired by the great hits of the 80's and 90's. It recreates the classic arcade gameplay with unbound speed limits of fun. Full throttle on and enjoy!

Release date: May 15, 2018
    Developer: AQUIRIS
    Publisher: AQUIRIS
    Platform: PC

[More info on game website]

Have you tried playing these games? What do you think?
    Let us know in the comment section
    👇​​​​​​​
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 25-06-21 at 15:07.
  • 5 Replies

Head of Community
    I'm getting both! 😁 Sonic is super nostalgic, can't wait to try it out.

Thanks @In2Deep by the way for alerting us to these games - we might have missed it otherwise! 🙏
    Community Manager
    @Marion Let us know how it goes please playing Sonic😊

And thanks again @In2Deep, great having you on the community😁
    Level 2
    Thank you, it's great to be here 👍 😀
    Head of Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    @Marion Let us know how it goes please playing Sonic😊

And thanks again @In2Deep, great having you on the community😁

I just tried it yesterday @Tamara and @In2Deep! It was.... interesting. 😅 I forgot how fast he runs 🤣 It's quite overwhelming to play on a bigger monitor screen (felt like the world was spinning) so had to make it tiny to be able to follow where I was going if that makes sense. It wasn't the most intuitive interface to use with PC keyboard. I'd love to try it out with a controller. I did have fun though but those 2 things were distracting me a bit from fully enjoying the game.

Oh, Horizon Chase Turbo on the other hand - LOVE IT. I like racing games where I don't have to tweak things a lot and have a deep learning curve like with Gran Turismo for example as I get frustrated. It was easy fun and entertaining so far! 👍
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 01-07-21 at 11:39.
    Community Manager
    @Marion amazing to hear your feedback!

​​​​​​​There are 2 free games that will be announced tomorrow, so let's hope they're nice games to try too😊