New games in 2021 - which ones are you excited about? 😎

• No Tags
View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    Hi guys,

It looks like another interesting year for new game releases and I want to hear which ones you're most looking forward to!

From the games I've seen announced so far, these below are the ones that I'm personally excited about - what about you?? 😁Actually, there's a few more but these are my top 5!

-----------------------

Outriders

A story-driven RPG shooter from Square Enix and People Can Fly! General release date according to the game's official site is 1st April so not long to wait. I've taken a break from shooters for a while but once I get my PS5 (fingers crossed for more stock soon) I'll get back into it with a bang. The trailer and some of the gameplay video I saw from the demo gave me sort of Mass Effect / Killzone Shadow Fall vibes (in a good way)? 🤔

"Four unique classes. A dark and desperate journey. Intense shooter, deep RPG"

Modes: Solo, co-op
    Platform: PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, Google Stadia
    Release date: April 2021

Trailer is age-restricted so you can find it directly on YouTube 😉

Name:  Outriders_small.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  440.9 KB

Stray
    I love cats (I have two, I'll show you later) so I'm super excited for this one. I've only played Puss in Boots 😅before and that was solely to collect the Trophies on PS4 (it was otherwise entertaining too though). About time for more cat representation in games! 😸😸😸😸 This one is a cat adventure (catventure?) game where you roam around in a cybercity as a stray cat and solve mysteries!

Modes: looks like solo only
    Platform: PS4, PS5, PC
    Release date: October 2021

Name:  Stray.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  252.8 KB

New World
    New MMORPG from Amazon Game Studios. First of all, the fact that it's from Amazon Game Studios is already interesting. The trailer looks amazing and the gameplay footage I saw on YouTube doesn't look too bad either. This one has been delayed a few times and has been in development for a long time so I have high hopes. 🤞 It's currently in closed beta (anyone from this forum participating??) and the release date is scheduled for August 2021.

"Under the surface of Aeternum’s breathtaking landscape lay the seeds of an ancient evil that plots to erase all traces of humanity from its shores. Warriors of bygone ages, doomed adventurers, and creatures of legend have all succumbed to its corruption. It must be stopped."

Modes: Massively multiplayer
    Platform: PC
    Release date: August 2021

Name:  NewWorld_small.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  462.3 KB

​​​​​​​Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
    Mass Effect is not exactly a new game but a remastered version compiling all three games is coming, with improved visuals - enhanced models, shaders, FX, lighting, depth of field... and improved hair and makeup for Shepard. 😁 It's going to be released in May 2021 and will be taking up most of my free time no doubt.

Modes: Solo
    Platform: PS4 (backwards compatible with PS5), Xbox One, PC
    Release date: May 2021

Name:  MassEffect.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  315.0 KB

Far Cry 6
    The newest (6th) installment to this FPS series from Ubisoft is coming sometime mid-2021. Let me know if you spot a more specific release date - I'm really looking forward to this one. It has the largest open world in the Far Cry series to date with some amazing-looking locations and maps.
    Also, the President - do you recognise him (the actor) from somewhere? 😅

"Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As dictator of Yara, Anton Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, dutifully at his side. Immerse in the adrenaline-filled, chaotic world of a modern-day guerrilla revolution and burn their regime to the ground."

Modes: Solo, Co-op
    Platform: ​​​​​​​PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, Amazon Luna, Google Stadia
    Release date: mid-2021 (?)

Name:  FarCry6.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  246.1 KB

----------------

Ok, those are my top 5 - what about yours? 😎
    ​​​​​​​

Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 01-03-21 at 19:40.
  • 7 Replies

Level 5
    ... interesting list of games there..

what i'm waiting for.. uhmm.. Diablo 4 and maybe 1-2 releases on Escape from Tarkov.
    Head of Community
    Quote Originally Posted by AirBnBacon View Post
    ... interesting list of games there..

what i'm waiting for.. uhmm.. Diablo 4 and maybe 1-2 releases on Escape from Tarkov.

​​​​​​​Diablo 4!! Yesssss 👍
    Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    ​​​​​​​Diablo 4!! Yesssss 👍

of course, that's hoping that it'll even come close for a release here in 2021 😟
    Level 2
    New World looks like it might be good, but I don't have much faith in Amazon Game Studios as their track record hasn't been stellar so far, so we'll see.

As I mentioned in another post, I'm going to give Magic: Legends a go as it's going into beta this month. Elder Scrolls Online and FFXIV are getting new expansions this year which might be good. Also looking forward to seeing what Bethesda and Zenimax are going to announce in terms of new games after they merged with Xbox this month.

The games I'm the most excited about though are Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, Ashes of Creation, and Camelot Unchained, but those won't be released just yet, unless maybe in pre-alpha or alpha.
    Level 7
    World of Warcraft: TBC Classic. No other words needed. 😄
    Level 1
    Resident Evil 8 is next on my list (I don't have 4 more yet) :D
    Head of Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Sander140 View Post
    Resident Evil 8 is next on my list (I don't have 4 more yet) :D

That's RE Village, isn't it? I keep hearing people talking about this one so thinking it's going on my list too as I'm getting more and more interested. My list is growing and growing... 😄
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​☕ Hi I'm Marion and I'm part of the Legion Community Team!